Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013 Update 5 is now available for both Linux* and Windows*. You can learn more about the product at the Intel(R) Advisor XE Home Page. You can always access the product Release Notes and what is new in this Update 5 in the related Readme file.
If you are thinking of parallelizing your software or if you are already in the process of parallelizing your software or if you are just interested in staying abreast of the latest/greatest/neatest in software tools, be sure to check out this tool. We are here to help you use this tool, so don't hesitate to post your questions here. Most importantly, please be sure to let us know of your feedback. All comments welcome!
Here is what's new in Update 5:
- Support for Microsoft Windows* 8.1 and Visual Studio* 2013 (Windows* only)
- A new Option lets you choose which Linux editor appears when you double-click a Source window line. The corresponding file and location appears in the specified Linux editor. You can still specify a Linux editor using an environment variable. (Linux* only)
- The annotation assistant pane now appears with the Suitability Report and Correctness Report "No Data messages" to help you insert annotations (as well as in Survey windows).
- The annotation wizard drop-down list now provides two new items that let you copy code snippets for both site and task annotations.
- New command line options for the collect action: data-limit, interval, mrte-mode, no-follow-child, and target-duration-type.
- Various usability and stability improvements, such as improved wording in the annotation assistant pane.