I want to describe information about my application on Linux management:
Purpose: I want to bypass the BIOS password from Linux system to Window system. Following functional:
1. Check power State of vPro system:
+ I have implemented' CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementService.PowerState' object to get powerState of vPro system.
2. Change powerState (PowerOn) vPro system:
+ Retrieve the instance of Cim_PowerManagementService and call this method Cim_PowerManagementService.RequestPowerStateChange with following parameters:
- powerState: One of the defined power states
- Managed Element: A reference to the "managed system" object
- Time: NULL
- TimeoutPeriod: NULL
+ Currently, the state of the option [PowerOn password] in vPro BIOS configuration must be "ON" (required).
+ When vPro is turned on, it requires user to input [PowerOn password] and i have to input the password manually. So my question here is:
- Can I set the [PowerOn password] in the PowerManagementService object so when i use my application to turn on vPro, it will bypass the input [PowerOn password] screen and instantly move to the log in screen of the OS ? Is there any other way to bypass this input [PowerOn password] screen ?
Thank you for your help.