I have an unsolvable problem: I am unable to login into AMT through WEB interface and OpenMDTK tools (commander and director). Instead I am able to log into MEBx.
All this as a result of some experiments made in the past through the configuration tool for linux (ACUConfig) with an unsupported OS (Ubuntu 12.04) and an unprovisioning made by the OpenMDTK tools and after changing some parameters of AMT in the BIOS and in MEBx interface.
All this happened a long time ago and I can not remember exactly what I did.
Following this, I fear that my AMT is rather messy so I think to re-flash the BIOS of the motherboard to "reset" AMT completely then clear CMOS.
However I don't Know if this will HELP therefore I'm here to ask it to You.
What I recently did:
- Disabled AMT in BIOS (then re-enabled) and resetted CMOS (Otherwise I was unable to enter MEBx menu with CTRL-P)
- To be sure unprovisioning secceded, I've also unprovisioned AMT through "AMT Configuration ---> Un-Configure ME" item in BIOS menu (this option allows to Un-Configure ME without a password).
- Reconfigured AMT through MEBx interface after having entered a new password (tried: P-ssw0rd, P@ssw0rd, and some other pwds)
- Tried to login in AMT through Web Interface (http://ip_address:16992) with user "admin" and password entered during MEBx configuration with no success. DHCP is enabled in AMT configuration therefore ip_address is shared with host ip_address.
- Tried to login also through OpenMDTK tools (commander and director) with same credentials but no success.
I've also tried setting a static address in MEBx interface (and I've also setted my host address as static
as explained in AMT reference guide) however I was unable to access "logon" web page with this new address while I was still able to access "logon" web page with my host ip address.
To be precise, my AMT static address as setted in MEBx was "192.168.1.5 - 255.255.255.0" and my host address was "192.168.1.2 - 255.255.255.0". I was able to enter "logon" web page with 192.168.1.2 address but not with 192.168.1.5 address. I think this is abnormal behavior.
Therefore I think to reset AMT completely but I don't know how to do. I hope this is possible reflashing BIOS but I'm not sure this will reset/clear everything.
My AMT version is 8.0.10. My motherboard is SUPERMICRO X9SAE and no AMT firmware updates have been released by Supermicro neither BIOS updates in last 18 months.
I know AMT minor releases upgrades are possible only through OEM. Is there any unofficial way to update AMT bypassing OEM (Supermicro)?
Excuse me for my poor English (I hope you understood what I tried to say). Thanks in advance.