I have been using Intel AMT for quite a while but I still have not been able to penetrate beyond just starting the computers remotely. I have several questions (maybe rather lame):
1. People here seem to know a lot about the technology, yet the documentation is scarce. Is there a turorial or documentation - not marketing material or material for developers as I do not intend to program any software
I know of two major tools that Intel promotes
I have been using the former. Only commander tool as the other programs in the bundle have unknown function.
2. Where would I find a proper documentation for Open manageability toolkit?
3. I watched some tutorial videos suggested here. I have no function Agent discovery in the view options of the commander tool. I only have mesh discovery which does nothing.
4. As per those videos pressing ` should do something special, in my case it does not do anything. I still have black terminal no matter what I do. I can only boot to bios. On some clients I can see the windows bootloader menu while on others, i cannot see it at all, the terminal goes grey right after information about network card. I access AMT "bios" through ctrl + e. If I use a terminal only linux remote boot from cd, the screen is always just black, there is no redirection (again I am not using graphical interface but rather terminal).
5. In some of those videos, it is shown that after pressing ` one can even browse directory structure if the computer is powered up. Again it does not work in my case.
All the points above suggest that AMT in my case is not working as it should be. I assume, I am missing something. What would that be?