I had Remote KVM working great through the MDTK. I documented the setup here. I don't use it often and recently discovered that UltraVNC gives me the message "Connection failed - End of Stream" no matter which machine I try to control.
- Running MDTK 1.35. (The latest version listed at http://www.meshcommander.com/open-manageability is 1.34, but when you install it, it says it is 1.35.) Also tried 1.31 with the same results.
- Remote test machines are running AMT 9.0.2 or 9.1.0.
- Security is set up as described in the first link above. Remote Desktop is "Enabled using redirection port."
- I get the connection to the remote with no problem. I can see all the Hardware Asset info, Event Log, etc. I can even see in the Audit Log that I had a successful KVM session in April 2016.
- When I click on "Launch Viewer," the connection fails with the "End of Stream" message.
- When I click on "Take Control, I get "Unable to connect to serial-over-lan port (IMR_RES_TIMEOUT) before the black window opens. It shows "TLS Secured, Serial-over-LAN - Disconnected."
This happens on multiple machines at different sites, whether connecting over the Internet or through a site-to-site VPN.
What could cause the remote control functions to stop working?