boost/asio compilation errors

boost/asio compilation errors

I am getting several errors when trying to compile a precompiled header that includes boost/asio.hpp

1>Compiling with Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1.4.325 [IA-32]... (Intel C++ Environment)
1>precompiled-header.cpp
1>39442.cpp
1>39442.cpp
1>39442.cpp
1>T:\\vendor\\boost_1_49_0\\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(74): error: the global scope has no "signal"
1> ::signal(signal_number, asio_signal_handler);
1> ^
1>
1>T:\\vendor\\boost_1_49_0\\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(247): error: the global scope has no "signal"
1> if (::signal(signal_number, asio_signal_handler) == SIG_ERR)
1> ^
1>
1>T:\\vendor\\boost_1_49_0\\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(247): error: identifier "SIG_ERR" is undefined
1> if (::signal(signal_number, asio_signal_handler) == SIG_ERR)
1> ^
1>
1>T:\\vendor\\boost_1_49_0\\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(317): error: the global scope has no "signal"
1> if (::signal(signal_number, SIG_DFL) == SIG_ERR)
1> ^
1>
1>T:\\vendor\\boost_1_49_0\\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(317): error: identifier "SIG_DFL" is undefined
1> ^
1>
1>T:\\vendor\\boost_1_49_0\\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(317): error: identifier "SIG_ERR" is undefined
1> ^
1>
1>T:\\vendor\\boost_1_49_0\\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(371): error: the global scope has no "signal"
1> if (::signal(reg->signal_number_, SIG_DFL) == SIG_ERR)
1> ^
1>
1>T:\\vendor\\boost_1_49_0\\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(371): error: identifier "SIG_DFL" is undefined
1> ^
1>
1>T:\\vendor\\boost_1_49_0\\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(371): error: identifier "SIG_ERR" is undefined
1> ^
1>
1>compilation aborted for .\\precompiled-header.cpp (code 2)
1>Build Time: 0:00:50
1>Build log was saved at "file://C:\\Perforce\\trunk\\ATMS2\\Server\\TssIf\\Debug\\BuildLog.htm"
1>TssIf - 9 error(s), 0 warning(s), 0 remark(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Here is my precompiled header:

// Modify the following defines if you have to target a platform prior to the ones specified below.
// Refer to MSDN for the latest info on corresponding values for different platforms.
#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT // Specifies that the minimum required platform is Windows Vista.
#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0600 // Change this to the appropriate value to target other versions of Windows.
#endif

#pragma warning (disable:4503) // Decorated name length exceeded, name was truncated
#pragma warning (disable:4251) // Class '' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class ''
#pragma warning (disable:4275) // NonDLL-interface classkey 'identifier' used as base for DLL-interface classkey 'identifier'

// Xerces Includes
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include

// Log4Cxx Includes
#include "log4cxx/logger.h"
#include "log4cxx/propertyconfigurator.h"
//#include "log4cxx/xml/domconfigurator.h"

// Boost Includes
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include

// Windows Includes
#include

// Standard Includes
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
#include

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I'm not completely sure what the problem is here, but if you are using #import (see my previous note) and precompiled headers simultaneously I don't think that will work, because the Microsoft compiler and Intel compiler can't understand each other's precompiled header format.

Quoting Christopher Pisz...
1>T:\vendor\boost_1_49_0\boost/asio/detail/impl/signal_set_service.ipp(74): error: the global scope has no "signal"
1> ::signal(signal_number, asio_signal_handler);
1> ^

ACRT-function 'signal' is declared in a'signal.h' header file. Did you try to include it?

// Standard Includes
#include

I don't see any relation to '#import' directive in that case. There are 9 compilation errors and ALL of them are
related to'signal.h' header file.

Best regards,
Sergey

Quoting Judith Ward (Intel)I'm not completely sure what the problem is here, but if you are using #import (see my previous note) and
precompiled headers simultaneously I don't think that will work, because the Microsoft compiler and Intel compiler
can't understand each other's precompiled header format.

I don't see any relation to '#import' directive, or precompiled headers, or precompiled headers format of
MSC and ICC C++ compilers, in that case.

There are 9 compilation errors and ALL of them are related to 'signal.h' header file.

Judith, please takelook atthe first compilation error carefully and you will see thata character'^' points to a'::signal(...)' CRT-function.

Best regards,
Sergey

I think this was some kind of mismatch between boost headers. I was able to reproduce it using MSVC compiler yesterday. Disregard. I'll take it up on the boost forums if I see it again after a fresh grab of boost.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today