icpc 13.0 beta can't yet compile std::shared_ptr from the gcc 4.7 headers.

icpc 13.0 beta can't yet compile std::shared_ptr from the gcc 4.7 headers.

The following program provokes an internal compiler error in icpc 13.0.0 betawith the gcc 4.7 standard library on Fedora 17: #include int main(){return 0;}The build output is:-make[1]: Entering directory `/home/imk/develop/coan-5.0/non-dist-builds/linux/icc/sandbox'icpc -c "/home/imk/develop/coan-5.0/non-dist-builds/linux/icc/sandbox/main.cpp" -g -O0 -Wall -std=c++0x -isystem=/usr/include/c++/4.7.0 -o ./Debug/main.o -I. -I./usr/include/c++/4.7.0/bits/shared_ptr_base.h(247): internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/expr.c", line 5379 while (!__atomic_compare_exchange_n(&_M_use_count, &__count, __count + 1, ^compilation aborted for /home/imk/develop/coan-5.0/non-dist-builds/linux/icc/sandbox/main.cpp (code 4)make[1]: *** [Debug/main.o] Error 4make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/imk/develop/coan-5.0/non-dist-builds/linux/icc/sandbox'make: *** [All] Error 2I do not badly need a solution for this; was just testing the beta's gcc 4.7 compatibility.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Since I don't have access to a Fedora 17 system, can you providea preprocessed file please? Just compile the file ex.cppnormally but adding the -P option, i.e. compile ex.cpp

// ex.cpp
#include
int main() { return 0; }

icpc -P -std=c++0x -isystem=/usr/include/c++/4.7.0-cex.cpp

and then attach the ex.i file to your reply. this will contain all the code in the system headers.

thanks
Judy

Also what beta version are you using? We believe this may be fixed in the latest beta update.

thanks
Judy

Hi, yes its fixed i have the sample recompile under openSUSE 12.2 Beta2 64 Bit with the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 Beta
(2013.0.060 update)
no problems , no erroes

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today