Compiler 11.1.038: internal linker error

Compiler 11.1.038: internal linker error

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the trial version of compiler 11.1 for windows (038) and macosx (which is a different build, a bit higher, I think 058). The same sources (a portable c++ command line utility) compile and link fine in xcode 3.2, but do not link in intel compiler inside visual studio 2008 sp1 (visual studio itself has no problem instead):

I attach the build logs. Note that this is a debug build: if I leave all options as default, I get a linker internal error, followed by "error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation".

If I turn off the linker multi-file optimization, I get a different error (fatal error LNK1103), which anyway looks like a MICROSOFT error code.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

It seems the error is due to IPO. You may disable the IPO using /Qipo- compiler option. Could you try and let us know the result?

Quoting - Om Sachan (Intel)

It seems the error is due to IPO. You may disable the IPO using /Qipo- compiler option. Could you try and let us know the result?

The option is /QNoipo. If you see the build logs I attached, one is with IPO on and the other is with IPO off.

The OS is Windows 2003 x64 and I'm building a x64 debug configuration.

I tried with a different project and I even get more devastating result: in 32-bit mode I get the linker error(s) reported above, but in x64 the compiler dies:

Compiling with Intel C++ 11.1.038 [Intel 64]... (Intel C++ Environment)
align.cpp
aligned_buffer.cpp
Catastrophic error: unable to obtain mapped memory (see pch_diag.txt)

compilation aborted for .aligned_buffer.cpp (code 4)

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadtext/html log_debug_x64.htm9.01 KB
Downloadtext/html log_debug_win32.htm13.94 KB

Is this still an issue with latest intel compiler? If so please attach the testcase to reproduce the issue.

Om

The Build 38 is too old and it is possible that in a latest Build 371 ( Update 12 ) for 2011 version of Intel C++ compiler it is fixed.

>>...a different error (fatal error LNK1103), which anyway looks like a MICROSOFT error code...

Here is a description from MSDN for the linker error:
Debugging information corrupt; recompile module
This error can be caused because the compilation was terminated before a valid object file was created.

A Clean for the project before the Build should delete a corrupted file with Debug Information.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today