Why does my application have to link to svml_disp.lib and libdecimal.lib in x64 build?

Why does my application have to link to svml_disp.lib and libdecimal.lib in x64 build?

I have a visual studio 2005 MFC project. Its x32 build does not need any Intel libs, but its x64 build has to link to svml_disp.lib and libdecimal.lib by default. I could build the x64 version by ignoring them explicitely and the application runs well. Does visual studio 2005 have to link to these libs by default?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - shyaki
I have a visual studio 2005 MFC project. Its x32 build does not need any Intel libs, but its x64 build has to link to svml_disp.lib and libdecimal.lib by default. I could build the x64 version by ignoring them explicitely and the application runs well. Does visual studio 2005 have to link to these libs by default?

64-bit Intel compilers have auto-vectorization on by default, and so the vector math library is linked by default. If you didn't have any vectorized math functions, it would not be required.
It would be interesting to know whether any run-time functions might require libdecimal.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today