fatal error C1900: Il mismatch between 'P1' version '20080116' and 'P2' version '20070207'

fatal error C1900: Il mismatch between 'P1' version '20080116' and 'P2' version '20070207'

Under Visual Studio 2008, building a project with global multi-file optimization and /arch:sse2 /Qax:sse4.2 ... compilation of the project takes about a minute and then it starts to link/optimize, which takes about 25-30 minutes.

Finally, it reaches:

xilink: executing 'link'

LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed

At something of a loss ... but I'm wondering if it is complaining that some library or object wasn't compiled with the Intel compiler (we have rather a lot of external libraries).

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - kfsone

Several independent web search references agree this is due to mixing components between VS service packs. I've noticed that it seems nearly impossible to get a full SP installation on VS2008, and I've had the experience of having to download a fresh .iso of VS2008 and run repair. In fact, it's documented that the original (beta) SP1 is incompatible with subsequent patches, and so the repair back to original is an expected requirement.

Quoting - tim18

Several independent web search references agree this is due to mixing components between VS service packs. I've noticed that it seems nearly impossible to get a full SP installation on VS2008, and I've had the experience of having to download a fresh .iso of VS2008 and run repair. In fact, it's documented that the original (beta) SP1 is incompatible with subsequent patches, and so the repair back to original is an expected requirement.

Oddly - I don't have the problem at home, where I've had a parade of VSes on this machine; only on my work machine which is a one-time VS install and only on the one project after switching it to use the ICC 11.066.

- Oliver

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today