[11.0.066] xilib: error #10037: could not find 'lib'

[11.0.066] xilib: error #10037: could not find 'lib'

Hello,

Cannot compile release configuration on Windows with 11 C++ compiler due to xilib error:

xilib: error #10037: could not find 'lib'
xilib: error spawn_errno_default: spawn('C:\PROGRA~2\Intel\Compiler\11.0\066\cpp
\bin\ia32\xilink.exe') failed, errno=0

The same thing happens just when executing xilib:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.0\066\cpp\bin\ia32>xilib

usage: xilib []
(for commandline use)

options may be any of the following:

-qipo enable multi-file IPO compilation (DEFAULT)
-qnoipo disable multi-file IPO
-qipo-fa[{name|name/}] name assembly listing(s) for IPO compilation(s)
-qipo-fo[{name|name/}] name object file(s) for IPO compilation(s)
-qipo-fac add code bytes to assembly listing
-qipo-fas add source lines to assembly listing
-qipo-facs add code bytes, source lines to assembly listing
-quseenv do not override existing PATH, LIB, and INCLUDE vars
-lib execute librarian rather than linker
-qhelp print usage message
-qv print version information
-qopt-report[=] enable optimization report generation
-qopt-report-file=
specify the filename for the generated report
-qopt-report-phase=
specify the phase that the reports are generated for
-qopt-report-routine=
report on routines containing the given name
-qopt-report-help display the optimization phases available

Copyright (C) 1985-2008, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
[press RETURN to continue]
* Other brands and names are the property of their respective owners.

xilib: error spawn_errno_default: spawn('C:\PROGRA~2\Intel\Compiler\11.0\066\cpp
\bin\ia32\xilink.exe') failed, errno=0

Is it fixable? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - maemarcus

Hello,

Cannot compile release configuration on Windows with 11 C++ compiler due to xilib error:

xilib: error spawn_errno_default: spawn('C:PROGRA~2IntelCompiler11.066cpp
binia32xilink.exe') failed, errno=0

The same thing happens just when executing xilib:

C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.066cppbinia32>xilib

usage: xilib []
(for commandline use)

options may be any of the following:

-qipo enable multi-file IPO compilation (DEFAULT)
-qnoipo disable multi-file IPO
-qipo-fa[{name|name/}] name assembly listing(s) for IPO compilation(s)
-qipo-fo[{name|name/}] name object file(s) for IPO compilation(s)
-qipo-fac add code bytes to assembly listing
-qipo-fas add source lines to assembly listing
-qipo-facs add code bytes, source lines to assembly listing
-quseenv do not override existing PATH, LIB, and INCLUDE vars
-lib execute librarian rather than linker
-qhelp print usage message
-qv print version information
-qopt-report[=] enable optimization report generation
-qopt-report-file=
specify the filename for the generated report
-qopt-report-phase=
specify the phase that the reports are generated for
-qopt-report-routine=
report on routines containing the given name
-qopt-report-help display the optimization phases available

Copyright (C) 1985-2008, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
[press RETURN to continue]
* Other brands and names are the property of their respective owners.

xilib: error spawn_errno_default: spawn('C:PROGRA~2IntelCompiler11.066cpp
binia32xilink.exe') failed, errno=0

Is it fixable? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Hello,

This looks like you didn't set visual studio environment properly. xilink needs lib.exe (from msvc) to execute.

You should call "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8Common7Toolsvsvars32.bat" prior to calling xilink. (This for default VC8 setup but should be similar for other versions).

Regards,

Matthieu

Quoting - matthieu.darbois

Hello,

This looks like you didn't set visual studio environment properly. xilink needs lib.exe (from msvc) to execute.

You should call "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8Common7Toolsvsvars32.bat" prior to calling xilink. (This for default VC8 setup but should be similar for other versions).

Regards,

Matthieu

Hi, matthieu,

thanks for reply,

I've tried to echo %PATH% in project's pre-build event, and got

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0VCbin;C:Program FilesMicrosoft SDKsWindowsv6.0A\bin;C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0Common7Toolsbin;C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0Common7tools;C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0Common7ide;C:Program Files (x86)HTML Help Workshop;C:Program FilesMicrosoft SDKsWindowsv6.0Abin;C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727;C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0;C:WindowsSysWow64;;C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.066cppippem64tbin;C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.066cpplibIntel64;C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.066cpplibia32;C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.066cppmklem64tbin;C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.066fortranlibIntel64;C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.066fortranlibia32;C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.066fortranmklem64tbin;C:Program Files (x86)Rubybin;C:Windowssystem32;C:Windows;C:WindowsSystem32Wbem;c:Program Files (x86)Microsoft SQL Server90Toolsbinn;C:Program FilesTortoiseSVNbin;C:Program Files (x86)VisualSVNbin;C:Program Files (x86)MySQLMySQL Server 5.1bin
1>Compiling with Intel C++ 11.0.066 [IA-32]... (Intel C++ Environment)

So, the very first entry "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0VCbin" contains lib.exe, and it should be found, I think. Also, I'm able to execute lib.exe from pre-build event, but manual executing of vsvars.bat does not make sense, the problem persists.

Hello,

The problem described above is still not resolved. Am I the only one getting this error? I got it on two different machines.

Thanks in advance.

Try following steps:
1. open a command build environment from "Start -> all programs -> Intel software development tools -> Intel C++ Compiler 11.0.066 -> Build environment for ???"
2. build the project from this window

This way the env is set correctly.

Jennifer

Quoting - Jennifer Jiang (Intel)

Try following steps:
1. open a command build environment from "Start -> all programs -> Intel software development tools -> Intel C++ Compiler 11.0.066 -> Build environment for ???"
2. build the project from this window

This way the env is set correctly.

Jennifer

Hello, Jennifer,

Thanks for reply,

I've succeeded to cook lib from obj file via xilib using build environment console, no errors occur. But that's not a real deal in case of project with hundreds of sources distributed around hundreds of directories - that's xml project file designed for, and since it worked with 8, 9, and 10 versions of Intel C++ compiler, I really wonder why 11th is so special that we have to go back into stone ages. I also checked environment variables in Tools -> Intel C++ compiler properties, everything looks OK.

1st of all, open Tools->Options, select "Intel C++", then "Compilers", on the right side, click "reset all", then click [OK].
Then build and see if the link error goes away.

If not: Could you attach the buildlog.html? I'm wondering how it's linked.
The pre-build event only sets the env for the build-event, it does not change the compiler build env.

Quoting - Jennifer Jiang (Intel)

1st of all, open Tools->Options, select "Intel C++", then "Compilers", on the right side, click "reset all", then click [OK].
Then build and see if the link error goes away.

If not: Could you attach the buildlog.html? I'm wondering how it's linked.
The pre-build event only sets the env for the build-event, it does not change the compiler build env.

Hello,Jennifer,

I'm happy to report the problem was solved finally. It was caused by an exact project file (can be found here), and everything is OK after replacing it with another one.

Thanks!

Hello,

I happen to have a similar problem while compiling from command line using the Intel 64 Visual Studio 2012 prompt. I do see that lib.exe is in the path before I run make. I get the the following error during compilation:

xilib.exe  /verbose /nologo /OUT:lib/Windows64_x86_64_61_INTEL1312190_Release/RaX.lib obj/Windows64_x86_64_61_INTEL1312190_Release/AIProperty.obj obj
xilib: executing 'lib'
xilib: error #10036: unable to run 'lib'
xilib: error spawn_errno_default: spawn('C:\PROGRA~2\Intel\COMPOS~1\bin\intel64\xilink.exe') failed, errno=0
../config/common/rules.mk:337: recipe for target `lib/Windows64_x86_64_61_INTEL1312190_Release/RaX.lib' failed
make[1]: *** [lib/Windows64_x86_64_61_INTEL1312190_Release/RaX.lib] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/Apps/Promise/Inversion/RaX'
../config/common/rules.mk:294: recipe for target `RaX' failed
make: *** [RaX] Error 2

Appreciate any inputs you may have. Also when I run the xilib line by itself at the prompt it runs fine.

Regards,

Raghu

Hi Raghu,

Your issue looks different with this thread as you said it runs fine when you run xilib by itself at the prompt.

As you have post a new thread, let's continue in your new thread post: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/515639

:)

Thanks,

Shenghong

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today