What does compiler want to tell ?

ARGS_IN_REGS:_se (7) (isz = 81) (sz = 88 (41+47))

INLINE : _Read _n_Bit(293) (isz = 39) (sz = 48 (7+41))

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Can you clarify?

Thanks!

Dale

ARGS_IN_REGS:_se (7) (isz = 81) (sz = 88 (41+47))

INLINE : _Read _n_Bit(293) (isz = 39) (sz = 48 (7+41))

Those two lines above are come from compile report. I don't know the specific meaning of these two lines.
Take "ARGS_IN_REGS:_se (7) (isz = 81) (sz = 88 (41+47))" as an example , I want to know what is "ARGS_IN_REGS"
mean and what is "_se (7) (isz = 81) (sz = 88 (41+47))" mean .

You might at least tell what compiler you are using, and what command gave rise to this report, since no one seems to recognize it as a publicly supported report from an Intel compiler.

It looks like it's output from the "ipo" phase that is generated when you generate opt-report (/Qopt-report). The "ARGS_IN_REGS" line means that the function (se)is called by passing arguments in registers, rather than the normal parameter passing convention on the stack. The "INLINE" line means that the function (_Read_n_Bit) has been inlined. I can giveyou more details on what the numbers mean if you're interested, but that's the gist of it.

I'll check our documentation to see if it's properly documented, and if it isn't I'll file a bug.

Let me know if this answers your question!

Dale

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today