MSVC++ 6.0 and ICC 8.1

MSVC++ 6.0 and ICC 8.1

I am trying to build a DLL project with ICC 8.1 that builds just fine with MSVC++ 6.0 and ICC 7.1. The project also builds just fine in debug, just not in release. I am getting unresolved externals for _intel_fast_memset, _intel_fast_memcpy, and _intel_fast_memcmp. I am using the VC IDE, and have selected the 8.1 compiler under the Tools menu. I have seen a couple postings similar to this, but the user's were having this trouble when using gcc. That's not my case, so the solution of linking in libirc doesn't apply, because it should be linked in by default.

Here are the compile options I am using in the IDE for the DLL project:

/nologo /MD /W3 /GX /ZI /Ob2 /I "developmentmiragepackage" /I "development oolsinclude" /I "development oolsincludeintel" /D "BUILD_MIRAGE_DLL_COMMON" /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "COMMON_EXPORTS" /D "MON_ALWAYS" /D "OPINTEL" /Fo"developmentuildCommon
elease/" /Fd"developmentuildCommon
elease/" /O3 /QaxW -Qwd68 /Qwd985 /c

And Here are the linker options I'm using:

VideoPump.lib ws2_32.lib CDRVDL32.LIB CDRVHF32.LIB CDRVXF32.LIB COMMSC32.LIB /nologo /dll /incremental:no
/pdb:"developmentin
elease/Common.pdb"
/debug /machine:I386 /out:"developmentin
eleaseCommon.dll"
/implib:"developmentmiragelib
elease/Common.lib"
/libpath:"development oolslib
elease"
/libpath:"developmentmiragelib
elease"
/libpath:"development oolslib" /OPT:REF /fixed:no

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Matt

1 post / 0 new
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.