8.0 Selection tool has no effect in Visual C++ 6.0

8.0 Selection tool has no effect in Visual C++ 6.0

I have installed Compiler 8.0 + latest patches, and the Compiler selection tool has no effect ( all compiles still default to MS compiler).
_USE_INTEL_COMPILER has no effect as well.

I had previously been using ICL 7.0 as an evaluation, and the Compiler Selection Tool worked perfectly fine in that version.

I tried on a second machine that had NEVER had ICL installed, and it displays the same symptoms.

This has to something really simple...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

It was simple - though I have no idea why it is necessary. Running the "update user's registry" tool fixed the problem.

Message Edited by vasci_intel on 02-05-2004 03:14 PM

This is a known issue. It should be fixed in next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jennifer

When is the next patch and where can I get it?

Thanks.

The patches and packages are posted to Premier Support.
If you register at Premier Support, you'll get a notice email when there's a new package posted. And a readme text file is also posted with the package/patch that contains a list bugs fixed in each package/patch. The release notes contains the updated information also.
If you haven't registered, you can download an eval version and register with the eval copy. This will get you started.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today