Link error with /Qipo

Link error with /Qipo

Hi,

I?ve received a linkage error while using the Intel 7.1 compiler on one of our projects:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

link: executing 'C:PROGRA~1MICROS~2VC98Binlink.exe'
Creating library EbinLocalRelease/ImageProcessingServer.lib and object EbinLocalRelease/ImageProcessingServer.exp
33043.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vmlsCos4
33043.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vmlsExp4
33043.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vmlsPow4
33043.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vmlsSin4
EbinLocalRelease/ImageProcessingServer.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I?ve used the following compilation keys: /O2 /G7 /GA /GF /Ot /QxW /Qipo /Qparallel /w

After investigation, I?ve discovered that the project builds fine if the /Qipo option is not present.

All other projects I?ve built with using the /Qipo key were compiled fine.

Please advice.

Regards,

Vladimir

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

If you use the ICL /QxW command to drive the linker, the short vector math libraries from your ICL lib directory should be included in the search. If you are invoking link directly, you will need to include them explicitly. The only connection I can think of with ipo is that ipo may have enabled vectorization of loops which invoke math functions.

Thanks for reply,
I do have a path to the lib directory in my DevStudio Directory options (C:Program FilesIntelCompiler70IA32Lib). Do I need to include the specific library into the project? Do you know which one (I was not able to find these missing methods in the Libraries in this directory)?

Regards,

Vladimir

According to dumpbin /symbols, those are in svml_disp.lib in my current installation. You may expect to require that specific library in the project, if you use link rather than IFL /QxW to drive the link phase. It would not be required if you built without an SSE or SSE2 code generation option. There is a large potential performance gain from these libraries.

I've tried that, but now I've got the following:
-------------------------------------------------
IPO: performing multi-file optimizations
C/C++: Internal compiler error: please report to Intel Corporation (IP=0x0075555f, addr=0x8229c03c)
link: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
Error executing link.exe.

NMDataProcessing.dll - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
-------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if you have any idea what could be wrong this time? Other projects should be re-build with this library included, perhaps?

This time you've exposed a real problem. Nothing to do but report it on premier.intel.com, as requested, and try to simplify your build.

I just did. Now waiting for their reply.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Vladimir

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today