C++ compiler crashes when compiling LAM-MPI

C++ compiler crashes when compiling LAM-MPI

I'm using LAM-MPI(version 6.5.9) for parallel programming and use the Intel C++ and Fortran compilers. I installed version 7.1 of the Intel Compilers and tried to recompile LAM-MPI but I got the following error:

/usr/include/bits/ipctypes.h(33): error "__ipc-pid_t" has already been declared in the current scope
typedef int __ipc_pid_t;

This problem does not occur when I use gcc3.2.2 to compile LAM-MPI.It compiles as long as I don't use icc to compile C files. The C++ and Fortran parts of the compile process seem to work all right, my current set-up uses gcc to compile C files and icc/ifc to compile C++ and Fortran files.
I'm currently running Mandrake 9.1, with gcc3.2.2 and the Intel Compilers(C,C++ and Fortran) version 7.1

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

If MDK 9.1 has a glibc which is newer than and not fully compatible with icc and ifc, that could be a problem. I have been using lam-mpi 6.5.8 successfully on both linux-ia32 and ia64. As far as I have been able to tell, gcc and Intel C are interchangeable for use as the C compiler to build lam, even though you use Intel compilers for C++ or Fortran. If you want to try to run with a glibc which doesn't match the Intel compilers, gcc might be a better choice for building lam. You might want to read the posts over on the Fortran forum about compatibility with the newer glibc.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today