Missing __multi3 symbol during Qt 3.1.2 build with ecpc

Missing __multi3 symbol during Qt 3.1.2 build with ecpc

Hi,

I am trying to build Qt 3.1.2 using ecpc. The link for
uic fails with the following error :

ecpc -o ../../../bin/uic .obj/release-shared-mt/main.o .obj/release-shared-mt/uic.o .obj/release-shared-mt/form.o .obj/release-shared-mt/object.o .obj/release-shared-mt/subclassing.o .obj/release-shared-mt/embed.o .obj/release-shared-mt/widgetdatabase.o .obj/release-shared-mt/domtool.o .obj/release-shared-mt/parser.o -Qoption,ld,-rpath,/dsk/irancy1/local/software/linux-ia64-ecpc/qt-x11-commercial-3.1.2/lib -L/dsk/irancy1/local/software/linux-ia64-ecpc/qt-x11-commercial-3.1.2/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt-mt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lXrender -lXinerama -lXft -lfreetype -lXext -lX11 -lm -lSM -lICE -ldl -lpthread
/usr/lib/libGL.so: undefined reference to `__multi3'

As far as I can make out, __multi3 is defined in
/lib/libc.so.6.1, but only locally.

What could be causing this ? For the record, g++ 3.2
builds that code correctly with the same underlying
system configuration.

The libGL.so is the one from NVIDIA's drivers version

Thanks for any hints.

--
Matthieu Dazy - dazy@earthdecision.com
Earth Decision Sciences S.A. - Nancy

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

I'm not sure the issue you are having. I downloaded the Qt 3.1.2 sources from trolltech.com & was able to link uic correctly, using the system version of libGLU.so. Are you able to do this as well ? Where is the NVidia version of libGLU.so available & what version of glibc is it supported on ?

You can create a linker map file with g++, to see if you can determine where the symbol is being resolved with the g++ link ? You can also look at what options g++ is passing to the linker ld w/ -v switch. ecpc -dryrun will show the options it passes to the linker (w/o calling the linker).

Cheers,
John

Also, is there a static version of NVIDIA's libGLU ?

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today