Ubuntu 12

Ubuntu 12

Anybody has install C++ compiler in Ubuntu 12?

is It works well?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I have it working on OpenSuse 12.2, which contains roughly the same kernel and gcc versions.
It works very well, in spite of not being officially supported.
I have installed Intel C compiler in prevoius versions of Ubuntu, and it worked. I have finally abandoned Ubuntu, since Unity was just unbearable, and administration tools were too fragmented (compared to Suse).

No, it doesn't work well. But there is workaround here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/326646

The underlying problem is that the install script may not be executed correctly under Ubuntu's default dash system shell.
You need to (temporarily) switch to bash for installation:
$ sudo rm /bin/sh
$ sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh
Or if you don't have (sudo) root rigthts, change the Shebang line in the install scripts (.sh) from #!/bin/s to #!/bin/bash.
Then start installation. If you however did unsuccessful installs before you may need to remove /root/.rpmdb or $HOME/.rpmdb first to start the installer again. If you need more help, let me know what exactly fails.
Regards, Hubert.

Hi, I just got a single board computer which contains a Intel Atom E3826 processor. This board is the conga IA3. I want to run Linux in this single board computer, specially Ubuntu so I would like to know if this is possible or if it is necessary to install any BSP.

Best regards.

Javier

Hi, I just got a single board computer which contains a Intel Atom E3826 processor. This board is the conga IA3. I want to run Linux in this single board computer, specially Ubuntu so I would like to know if this is possible or if it is necessary to install any BSP.

Best regards.

Javier

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today