I'd like to share results of Performance Evaluation of Matrix Transpose ( MT ) algorithms with different C++ compilers.
- Optimization used: 'Optimize For Speed'
- Single-Precision data type ( float ) for a matrix
- Intel C++ compiler version 22.214.171.1241 ( IA-32 / Update 7 / Optimization: /O2 )
- Microsoft C++ compiler version 14.00.50727.762 ( IA-32 / Visual Studio 2005 / Optimization: /O2 )
- MinGW C++ compiler version 3.4.2 ( IA-32 / Optimization: -O2 )
- Borland C++ compiler version 5.5.1 ( IA-32 / Optimization: -O2 )
- Nothing is done to create an advantage or disadvantage of some C++ compiler over another one and all the rest settings are default
- Operating system: Windows XP 32-bit Professional SP3
- Computer with Pentium 4 CPU single core
- Results on a computer with Intel Core i7-3840QM ( Ivy Bridge ) CPU could be provided ( if somebody is interested )