When upgrading from version 11 to 13 I notice a big performance loss (3x).
Versions in use:
- Composer XE 2011 update 11 build 344
- Composer XE 2013 build 089 (we tried a new one, but same result)
for the test, both using from visual studio 2008.
I could create a relatively small test program - which I could provide to an Intel engineer - but I can not post it to the public forum.
The code is mainly hand written SSE code using F32vec4, and intrinsicts, a little bit of log.
The runtime are worse with /Qipo, also on 2011.
- compiler 1210, /Qip: ~0.42 sec
- compiler 1210, /Qipo: ~1.30 sec
- compiler 1300, /Qip: ~1.20 sec
- compiler 1300, /Qip: ~1.70 sec
Any suggestions, ideas or magic compiler options that coould help?