PGO - no *.dyn to merge, pgopti.dpi missing

PGO - no *.dyn to merge, pgopti.dpi missing

Hi,

I'm Running ICC with PGO, when ICC created the *.dyn files, I changed the (-prof_gen) flag to (-prof_use -ipo) and recompiled.

Compilation failed and I got:

remark #30056: no .dyn files to merge.

error #11500: Feedback file ./pgopti.dpi missing

Should I move the created *.dyn files to another directory ?

Please advice,

Thanks In Advance,

Mohammed

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

BTW, I can found /src/pgopti.dpi, I mean compiler generate this file, but somehow it claimed that the file is missing, it's a bit strange !!!

Hi Mohammed,

Usually when you use -prof-use option, compiler would search for *.dyn files in the present working dir. But you can redirect the output files to specific dir using the compiler option "-prof-dir <dir>", But the "dir" should already exist.

BTW, I can found /src/pgopti.dpi, I mean compiler generate this file, but somehow it claimed that the file is missing, it's a bit strange !!!

Could you please check the time stamp of this .dpi file?

Do you also see the *.dyn files in the /src dir?

Are you compiling from /src dir itself?

What are your compiler options?

Regards,

Sukruth H V

Thanks Sukruth-v for the fast response.

1.Time stamp is today when 1st compiled.   (2014-07-07 09:47)

2. Yes I'm seeing the *.dyn.

Let's assume I'm compiling from dir:A, the *.dyn can be seen /A/B/*.dyn files.

3.  I'm not compiling from the /src dir, I had tried to do that and got the same error.

4.  About the compiler options, as said I'm using -prof_use -ipo, there are private information regarding these flags which belongs to the company, if you direct me to specific things your are searching for, I will be supply the answer.

Don't hesitate to ask for anything could assist us to solve this issue.

Thanks again,

Mohammed 

Hi Mohammed,

I was able to reproduce your issue only when i compile my program using "-prof-use" in a different dir, where there are no *.dyn files.

Let's assume I'm compiling from dir:A, the *.dyn can be seen /A/B/*.dyn files.

In the above case, you may need to cd to dir:B and then compile the source files. But you mentioned that you were able to see *.dyn and *.dpi files in /src and if you compile from the /src dir, you still get the same error. Could you please check the permission of this *.dyn and *.dpi files?

Regards,

Sukruth H V

Thanks Sukruth H V

I had changed the permissions for *.dyn files, and dpi_file and dpi.lock to FULL, but still getting the same !!

I had copied the *.dyn and dpi_file to different places in the src.. with full permissions .. in one case suddenly I got many errors: "undefined reference to" !!!

(All I did is to copy these files into another directory)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot Sukruth H V.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

Let's try one more workaround. Place your *.dyn and *.dpi files back to the dir from where you are compiling/linking and can you remove the "-ipo" option and check if it works fine? This is just a check.

Regards,
Sukruth H V

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today