Webinar Topic: Better Threaded Performance and Scalability with Intel Vtune Amplifer + OpenMP*
Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9 AM PDT
Abstract: Modern generation of Intel(R) Processors come with multiple processing cores and each core offering SIMD registers. This makes it all the more important for Application Developers to be aware of how to utilize all the processing cores efficiently. This webinar will walk step by step on the following concepts using a simple Edge Detection application:
- Dynamic profiling using Intel(R) Vtune Amplifier for understanding the hotspots.
- Use Intel(R) Advisor to understand the characteristics of the hotspot (memory/compute bound).
- How to interpret Intel(R) Compiler Optimization report.
- How to enable SIMD in the application code especially using outer loop vectorization (OpenMP 4.0 SIMD constructs).
- How to increase the vectorization efficiency using Intel Compiler options.
- How to enable multi-threading using OpenMP pragmas.
This webinar will demonstrate the incremental increase in performance from each step of compiler optimization and how the iterative use of Performance Analysis tools help in getting there.