STM Compiler installation problem

STM Compiler installation problem

Hi,

When I tried to install the STM compiler on a Linux machine, install.sh got stuck at EULA, infinitely prompting the accept/decline question independent of whatever I typed. I was installing to a non-default dir without root-priviledges, under $INSTALL_DIR/opt/intel (with the license file placed into $INSTALL_DIR/opt/intel/licenses).

As a quick hack, I tried silent-install, which returns with the following errors (as extracted from logs), just to name a few: That the serial number is of wrong length, that some of configuration plug-ins failed (init_configuration), coex_proceed_filter: Filter should be skipped... I am not naming errors that are obviously due to not having the C++ compiler installed properly.

The same happens when I attempt to install the C++ compiler.

Thanks!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - ulya
Hi,

When I tried to install the STM compiler on a Linux machine, install.sh got stuck at EULA, infinitely prompting the accept/decline question independent of whatever I typed. I was installing to a non-default dir without root-priviledges, under $INSTALL_DIR/opt/intel (with the license file placed into $INSTALL_DIR/opt/intel/licenses).

As a quick hack, I tried silent-install, which returns with the following errors (as extracted from logs), just to name a few: That the serial number is of wrong length, that some of configuration plug-ins failed (init_configuration), coex_proceed_filter: Filter should be skipped... I am not naming errors that are obviously due to not having the C++ compiler installed properly.

The same happens when I attempt to install the C++ compiler.

Thanks!

In order to help we need more information like the operating system and architeture, type of license and any log file if possible. Is it okay to contact you directly via email to understand the issue.

Quoting - Ravi Narayanaswamy (Intel)

In order to help we need more information like the operating system and architeture, type of license and any log file if possible. Is it okay to contact you directly via email to understand the issue.

Still, there was no way to make use of install.sh in an interactive fashion. It is RHEL4 on an Opteron, and I am using an evaluation license.

The C++ compiler seems to be installed now by placing a copy of the license under $HOME/intel/licences. I wish there was a test suite to conduct proper regression, very basic stuff seems to work though.

Back to the STM compiler, first silent install complains that CONTINUE_WITH_INSTALLDIR_OVERWRITE is not a valid name. Then, it exits by the error that the location as provided by PSET_INSTALL_LOCATION is incorrect (which just points to where the tar ball is extracted under $INSTALL-DIR/opt/intel/).

How can I provide you with my e-mail address or get your e-mail address?

Thanks.

After playing around with PSET_INSTALL_DIR, silent install now exits with: Something wrong with package, please go to ....

Quoting - ulya
After playing around with PSET_INSTALL_DIR, silent install now exits with: Something wrong with package, please go to ....

Ulya, can you please contact me via email. Hopefully, I can help you get through this problem.

- Doug Helbling

( douglas.e.helbling AT intel.com )

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today