How to run cilk plus fibonacci example ?

How to run cilk plus fibonacci example ?

Hello,

I am trying to compile and run my first example of fibbonacci with cilk plus langage :

#include
#include

int fib(int n)
{
int x, y;

if (n < 2)
return n;

x = cilk_spawn fib(n-1);
y = fib(n-2);
cilk_sync;
return x+y;
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
int n = 30;
printf("fib(%d): %d\\n", n, fib(n));
return 0;
}

I compile this example as the following :

amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci$ gcc -ldl -lcilkrts fibonacci.cpp

I have the a.out file as a result :

amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci$ ls
a.out fibonacci.cpp

Now, how to run it ??

is it as the following :

amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci$ ./a.out
./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libcilkrts.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thank you for your help,

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello everybody,

The problem is that we have to add libraries LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in path :

amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/bin$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/lib
amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/bin$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/lib
amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/bin$ export LIBRARY_PATH=/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/lib
amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/bin$ echo $LIBRARY_PATH
/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/lib

it runs ok :

amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci$ gcc -pthread -o fib fibonacci.cpp -lcilkrts -ldlamina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci$ ls
a.out fib fibonacci.cpp fibonacci_old.cpp
amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci$ ./fib
fib(30): 832040

But, i have added the libraries after installing the cilkplus branch of gcc, why the librairies are deleted ??

i have to add the librairies each time to run an example ??

I have another question please :

I want to use the cilkwiew, i add the following lines to fibonnaci example :

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
cilkview_data_t d;
int n = atoi(argv[1]);
__cilkview_query(d);
int result = fib(n);
printf("Fibonacci of %d is %d.\n", n, result);
__cilkview_report(d, NULL, "Fib-result", CV_REPORT_WRITE_TO_RESULTS);

return 0;
}

when compiling i have errors :

root@amina-laptop:/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci# gcc -pthread -o fib2 fibonacci_old.cpp -lcilkrts -ldl
In file included from fibonacci_old.cpp:33:0:
/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/include/cilktools/cilkview.h: In function void __cilkview_do_report(cilkview_data_t*, cilkview_data_t*, char*, unsigned int):
/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/include/cilktools/cilkview.h:198:52: erreur: void __cilkview_do_report(cilkview_data_t*, cilkview_data_t*, char*, unsigned int) was declared extern and later static [-fpermissive]
/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/include/cilktools/cilkview.h:106:6: erreur: previous declaration of void __cilkview_do_report(cilkview_data_t*, cilkview_data_t*, char*, unsigned int) [-fpermissive]
/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/include/cilktools/cilkview.h: In function void __cilkview_do_report(cilkview_data_t*, cilkview_data_t*, char*, unsigned int):
/home/amina/projet/cilkplus-install/include/cilktools/cilkview.h:241:19: attention : deprecated conversion from string constant to char* [-Wwrite-strings]
fibonacci_old.cpp: In function int main(int, char**):
fibonacci_old.cpp:57:3: erreur: cannot convert cilkview_data_t to cilkview_data_t* for argument 1 to void __cilkview_do_report(cilkview_data_t*, cilkview_data_t*, char*, unsigned int)

Have you an idea for this problem ??

Thank you in advance.

Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBRARY_PATH are both wrong.

Please set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBRARY_PATH to ~/project/cilkplus-install/lib (or make sure it points to the lib directory of wherever you have installed the gcc compiler).

Thanks,

Balaji V. Iyer.

We do not yet implemented Cilkview and Cilkscreen support into the Cilkplus GCC.

Thanks,

Balaji V. Iyer.

Hello Balaji,

Thank you for your reply,

So, can i use the ctime librairy to compute the time of execution ? :

#include

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

int n = atoi(argv[1]);
clock_t debut,fin;

debut = clock();

int result = fib(n);
printf("Fibonacci of %d is %d.\n", n, result);

fin = clock();
cout<<"Time of execution : "<<(double)(fin-debut) / (double) CLOCKS_PER_SEC<<" secondes \n";

return 0;
}

The result :

amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci$ gcc -pthread -o fib2 fibonacci_old.cpp -lcilkrts
amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci$ ./fib2 30 CILK_NWORKERS=4
Fibonacci of 30 is 832040.
Time of execution : 0.19 secondes
amina@amina-laptop:~/projet/cilkplus-install/examples/fibonacci$

is it correct to know the time of execution on multicore architecture ?

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today