cilk_for syntax differs between icc and gcc?

cilk_for syntax differs between icc and gcc?

Has the difference in syntax requirement been explained? 

Source code which works with icc produces with gcc:

gcc -std=c99 -v -fcilkplus -c loopscean.c
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.9 --enable-languages='c c++ fortran' : (reconfigured) ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.9 --enable-languages='c c++ fortran'
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.9.0 20131031 (experimental) (GCC)
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-std=c99' '-v' '-fcilkplus' '-c' '-mtune=generic' '-march=x86-64'
 /usr/local/gcc-4.9/libexec/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.9.0/cc1 -quiet -v loopscean.c -quiet -dumpbase loopscean.c -mtune=generic -march=x86-64 -auxbase loopscean -std=c99 -version -fcilkplus -o /tmp/ccaLHKKv.s
GNU C (GCC) version 4.9.0 20131031 (experimental) (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
    compiled by GNU C version 4.9.0 20131031 (experimental), GMP version 4.3.2, MPFR version 2.4.2, MPC version 0.8.1
GGC heuristics: --param ggc-min-expand=30 --param ggc-min-heapsize=4096

loopscean.c:410:7: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘_Cilk_for’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
       cilk_for(int j = 2; j <= i__2; j++) {
       ^
loopscean.c:410:16: error: expected expression before ‘int’
                ^
loopscean.c:410:43: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
                                           ^

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Have you made sure you're including cilk/cilk.h and, that failing, that you have -lcilkrts in your Makefile? The implicit declaration warning for the _Cilk_for function probably means that the function has not been defined.

Tim

The translation from cilk_for to __Cilk_for is done by cilk.h, so it clearly was used by gcc. I agree that implicit warning makes one suspect problems with include file hierarchy.  -lcilkrts of course was used to run successfully with icc, but is irrelevant when the source syntax isn't accepted.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today