Error compiling Cilk Plus runtime

Error compiling Cilk Plus runtime

Hi,

I am having trouble compiling the runtime library distributed with the GCC4.8 Cilk Plus branch.
I was able to build the entire compiler, which compiles the runtime library correctly as part of the build, but I would like to be able to build and package the runtime library by itself, and that's where I ran into issues. 

I followed the instructions in libcilkrts/README.

At the configure step, I encountered the following error:
>  ./configure --prefix=<...> --disable-multilib 
./config.status: line 1371: ./../../config-ml.in: No such file or directory

This is because the file config-ml.in is in one directory up, but not two (relative from within the libcilkrts/ dir).

I got around this by copying the config-ml.in one level up, and I was able to complete configuration successfully.
When I try to make, however, I encountered the following error:

> make
/bin/sh ./libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"Cilk\ Runtime\ Library\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"cilk-runtime-library\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"2.0\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"Cilk\ Runtime\ Library\ 2.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"cilk@intel.com\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"cilk-runtime-library\" -DVERSION=\"2.0\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -I.  -I./include -DIN_CILK_RUNTIME=1 -fcilkplus -DBUILD_USER=\"angelee\" -DBUILD_HOST=\"`hostname`\"   -g -O2 -MT bug.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/bug.Tpo -c -o bug.lo `test -f 'runtime/bug.cpp' || echo './'`runtime/bug.cpp
mv -f .deps/bug.Tpo .deps/bug.Plo
mv: cannot stat `.deps/bug.Tpo': No such file or directory
make: *** [bug.lo] Error 1

There was a .deps/bug.Plo file, with # dummy in the file.  

I am not sure if these errors are related, and how I can get around the second error.  I'd appreciate any help / suggestions.

Possibly relevant info:
My system has Fedora 16 installed, and the relevant tools have the following version numbers:
GNU libtool 2.4
GNU automake 1.11.6
GNU autoconf 2.68
GNU Make 3.82
GCC 4.6.3

Thanks,
Angelina

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Angelina.

It's probably easiest to use the version of the Cilk Runtime off of http://cilkplus.org for standalone builds.  The configuration scripts are slightly different to work in the different environments.

- Barry

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today