Cilk™ Plus Trademark License for product distribution

Cilk™ Plus Trademark License for product distribution

Dear all,

I need a help to make clear with my customer about Cilk Plus license.

I have bought a license of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 (contains Cilk Plus) to develop a product for my customer.

Now, my customer want to distribute the product to market.

Mustn't my customer need to buy a license because I bought it ? can you give for me some evidences to me negotiate with my customer ?

Thanks,

Tam Nguyen

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The Cilk runtime DLL and shared objects are listed in credist.txt and freely redistributable.  

Q: What can be redistributed in the Intel Parallel Composer?

A: Only the files listed in credist.txt can be redistributed. You can find the credist.txt file at "<install-dir>\Composer\Documentation" or default at "C:\Program Files\Intel\Parallel Studio\Composer\Documentation\credist.txt".

Intel's redistributable compiler libraries package may be added to the distributed application package for any end-user application built or partially built with an Intel compiler that is distributed by an Intel customer who holds an Intel Commercial or Academic license for the associated Intel compiler product. The Intel redistributable compiler libraries package may be distributed as a separate non-modified module to the end-users of the distributed application.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/faq-intel-parallel-composer-re...

- Barry

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today