The latest versions of the Intel MPI Library User's Guides have added an expanded Troubleshooting section. It provides the following information:
- General Intel MPI Library troubleshooting practices
- Typical MPI failures with corresponding output messages and behavior when a failure occurs
- Recommendations on potential root causes and solutions
Here are direct links to these new sections:
- Intel MPI Library User's Guide: Troubleshooting on Linux*
- Intel MPI Library User's Guide: Troubleshooting on Windows*
We recommend taking a look there first if you're experiencing issues with the library. PDF versions of the User's Guide are also shipped with the lntel MPI Library install package, under the documentation_2016/ directory.