Divide and Conquer Example

Divide and Conquer Example

I'm working my way through the CnC tutorial. For the Divide and Conquer example, I've recreated the graph shown in Figure 9-3 (p. 53) (see attached graph.gif). When I translate the graph, I get a different text representation than what is shown in the Tutorial. My results are attached in my_results.gif and they don't match the code on page 53.

Does my interpretation of Figure 9-3 look correct? Is there some other step in Graph Builder I missed that would create the code given? Or was the code example something that was written by hand? Can I use Graph Builder to get something closer to what the example code looks like? Any help or explanation would be most appreciated.

Downloadimage/gif my_results.gif18.38 KB
Downloadimage/gif graph.gif76.18 KB
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

All of the sample code in the CnC distribution is based on hand-written .cnc files

Currently, the GraphBuilder is lacking some expressivity. For example, Producer/consumer relations in the graphbuilder have noway to specify that (Step: t) produces [Item : leftChild(t)], it only can specify that (Step) produces [Item].

Hope this helps! --Melanie

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today