Issues running DAAL example on Windows with gcc

Issues running DAAL example on Windows with gcc

Hello,

I'm trying to run the DAAL examples compiling with Mingw on Windows 10 with cmd and i'm running into a very strange issue. I've set the env variables, can compile the .cpp but when I get into the linking part the problem in the sshot below shows up:

C:\daal-daal_2017_update3>g++ -v -I%DAALINCLUDE% cholesky_dense_batch.cpp -L%DAALLIB% -ldaal_core -ldaal_sequential -lpthread -lm -o cholesky_dense_batch.exe
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: mingw32
Configured with: ../gcc-4.8.1/configure --prefix=/mingw --host=mingw32 --build=mingw32 --without-pic --enable-shared --enable-static --with-gnu-ld --enable-lto --enable-libssp --disable-multilib --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,ada --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-dwarf2 --disable-win32-registry --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-gmp=/usr/src/pkg/gmp-5.1.2-1-mingw32-src/bld --with-mpc=/usr/src/pkg/mpc-1.0.1-1-mingw32-src/bld --with-mpfr= --with-system-zlib --with-gnu-as --enable-decimal-float=yes --enable-libgomp --enable-threads --with-libiconv-prefix=/mingw32 --with-libintl-prefix=/mingw --disable-bootstrap LDFLAGS=-s CFLAGS=-D_USE_32BIT_TIME_T
Thread model: win32
gcc version 4.8.1 (GCC)
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-v' '-I' 'C:/Progra~2/IntelSWTools/compilers_and_libraries_2017.2.187/windows/daal/include' '-LC:/Progra~2/IntelSWTools/compilers_and_libraries_2017.2.187/windows/daal/lib/intel64' '-o' 'cholesky_dense_batch.exe' '-shared-libgcc' '-mtune=generic' '-march=pentiumpro'
 c:/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/cc1plus.exe -quiet -v -I C:/Progra~2/IntelSWTools/compilers_and_libraries_2017.2.187/windows/daal/include -iprefix c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/ cholesky_dense_batch.cpp -quiet -dumpbase cholesky_dense_batch.cpp -mtune=generic -march=pentiumpro -auxbase cholesky_dense_batch -version -o C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccmJGKW8.s
GNU C++ (GCC) version 4.8.1 (mingw32)
        compiled by GNU C version 4.8.1, GMP version 5.1.2, MPFR version 3.1.2, MPC version 1.0.1
GGC heuristics: --param ggc-min-expand=100 --param ggc-min-heapsize=131072
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include/c++"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include/c++/mingw32"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include/c++/backward"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../include"
ignoring duplicate directory "/mingw/include"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include-fixed"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/include"
ignoring duplicate directory "/mingw/include"
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 C:/Progra~2/IntelSWTools/compilers_and_libraries_2017.2.187/windows/daal/include
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include/c++
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include/c++/mingw32
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include/c++/backward
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../include
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/include-fixed
 c:\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/include
End of search list.
GNU C++ (GCC) version 4.8.1 (mingw32)
        compiled by GNU C version 4.8.1, GMP version 5.1.2, MPFR version 3.1.2, MPC version 1.0.1
GGC heuristics: --param ggc-min-expand=100 --param ggc-min-heapsize=131072
Compiler executable checksum: 1ebc2a6f92fbd3aadc367a20a63fdf9f
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-v' '-I' 'C:/Progra~2/IntelSWTools/compilers_and_libraries_2017.2.187/windows/daal/include' '-LC:/Progra~2/IntelSWTools/compilers_and_libraries_2017.2.187/windows/daal/lib/intel64' '-o' 'cholesky_dense_batch.exe' '-shared-libgcc' '-mtune=generic' '-march=pentiumpro'
 as -v -I C:/Progra~2/IntelSWTools/compilers_and_libraries_2017.2.187/windows/daal/include -o C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccmJGKW8.s
GNU assembler version 2.24 (mingw32) using BFD version (GNU Binutils) 2.24
COMPILER_PATH=c:/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/;c:/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/
LIBRARY_PATH=c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/;c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/;c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/lib/;c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../
 c:/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/collect2.exe -Bdynamic -u ___register_frame_info -u ___deregister_frame_info -o cholesky_dense_batch.exe c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../crt2.o c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/crtbegin.o -LC:/Progra~2/IntelSWTools/compilers_and_libraries_2017.2.187/windows/daal/lib/intel64 -Lc:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1 -Lc:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc -Lc:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/lib -Lc:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../.. C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o -ldaal_core -ldaal_sequential -lpthread -lm -lstdc++ -lmingw32 -lgcc_s -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -luser32 -lkernel32 -lmingw32 -lgcc_s -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/crtend.o
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text+0x2346): undefined reference to `daal::data_management::interface1::SubtensorDescriptor<float>::~SubtensorDescriptor()'
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text+0x2370): undefined reference to `daal::data_management::interface1::SubtensorDescriptor<float>::~SubtensorDescriptor()'
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text+0x256f): undefined reference to `daal::data_management::interface1::SubtensorDescriptor<float>::~SubtensorDescriptor()'
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text+0x259f): undefined reference to `daal::data_management::interface1::SubtensorDescriptor<float>::~SubtensorDescriptor()'
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text+0x2917): undefined reference to `daal::data_management::interface1::Tensor::getSize() const'
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text+0x295e): undefined reference to `daal::data_management::interface1::SubtensorDescriptor<float>::~SubtensorDescriptor()'
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text+0x298c): undefined reference to `daal::data_management::interface1::SubtensorDescriptor<float>::~SubtensorDescriptor()'
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text+0x2a60): undefined reference to `daal::algorithms::cholesky::interface1::Input::set(daal::algorithms::cholesky::InputId, daal::services::interface1::SharedPtr<daal::data_management::interface1::NumericTable> const&)'
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text+0x2a9f): undefined reference to `daal::algorithms::cholesky::interface1::Result::get(daal::algorithms::cholesky::ResultId) const'
C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o:cholesky_dense_batch.cpp:(.text$_ZN4daal4BasenwEj[__ZN4daal4BasenwEj]+0xffffd3fd): undefined reference to `daal::services::daal_malloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)'
c:\mingw\bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\Antonio\AppData\Local\Temp\ccirkCd4.o: bad reloc address 0x15 in section `.text$_ZN4daal4BasenwEj[__ZN4daal4BasenwEj]'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I don't uderstand why it doesn't find  those references because they are in the files (I can compile the examples in Visual Studio with Intel C and VC). It appears to me that the #include path is wrong but I don't thats the case because the whole library would be wrong if so.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time and patience.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Antonio,

Here are the reasons why Intel DAAL examples cannot be built with MinGW:

• MinGW compiler is not supported by Intel DAAL 2017. Please find the list of the compilers supported for Windows in Intel DAAL System Requirements.
  • Intel DAAL DLLs are written in C++ and are built with Visual Studio runtime. When you try to build some example with MinGW, you see "undefined reference" errors because Visual Studio and MinGW mangle C++ names differently. That is why MinGW linker cannot find the expected symbols in the library. Please see the following MinGW Wiki page for more information: "Interoperability of Libraries Created by Different Compiler Brands"

Best regards,

Victoriya

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today