Intel® DAAL 2018 is now available. Intel DAAL 2018 packages are now ready for download. Intel DAAL is available as part of the Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® System Studio. Please visit the https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-daal.
Check Intel® DAAL 2018 release notes to learn more information.
what's New in Intel® DAAL 2018:
- Introduced API modifications to streamline library usage and enable consistency across functionality.
- Introduced support for Decision Tree for both classification and regression. The feature includes calculation of Gini index and Information Gain for classification, and mean squared error (MSE) for regression split criteria, and Reduced Error Pruning.
- Introduced support for Decision Forest for both classification and regression. The feature includes calculation of Gini index for classification, variance for regression split criteria, generalization error, and variable importance measures such as Mean Decrease Impurity and Mean Decrease Accuracy.
- Introduced support for varying learning rate in the Stochastic Gradient Descent algorithm for neural network training.
- Introduced support for filtering in the Data Source including loading selected features/columns from CSV data source and binary representation of the categorical features.
- Extended Neural Network layers with Element Wise Add layer.
- Introduced new samples that allow easy integration of the library with Spark* MLlib.
- Introduced service method for enabling thread pinning: Performance improvements in various algorithms on Intel® Xeon® Processor supporting Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel®AVX-512) (codename Skylake Server).