upper and lower case letters in ifc

upper and lower case letters in ifc

Hello,
I am problem about the screen input in the program compiled with IFC: the program doesnt see the difference between upper and lower case letters in the screen input.
Is there an option to set in the compiler?
My IFC version is the 7.1 with redhat 9.0 ona PIII machine.
Thanks,

Martino

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

What is the "screen input program"? I don't recognize this. Can you attach a small program that shows the problem?

In Fortran source, case of identifiers is ignored. But character variables will compare case differently.

Steve

Retired 12/31/2016

I will try to be more clear.
In my fortran program I can choose some option writing on the screen some letters as t or T.
In the program I have something like:

READ (5, '(A1)') NUC
IF (NUC.EQ.'T') THEN
Now If I compile the program in the IBM machines with xfc the executable see the difference from t to T. When I compile with ifc it take the T value for t and T.
Do you see the point now.
Thank you in advance,

Martino

I see the point, but I think you either misunderstand the behavior or there is something important in the code that you have not shown us or the code you showed is not actually what is in your program.

How do you test for 't' in your code? You didn't show that. What is the declaration of NUC?

Steve

Retired 12/31/2016

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today