NAG numerical libraries and ifc

NAG numerical libraries and ifc

I am trying to use some NAG routines, and I an getting some linking errors of the form
/usr/geos/lib/libnag.a(d02ejft.o): In function `d02ejf_':
d02ejft.o(.text+0x8c): undefined reference to `fio_src_info'
d02ejft.o(.text+0xa0): undefined reference to `fio_encode_fmt'
d02ejft.o(.text+0xcc): undefined reference to `fio_fmtw_intern_init'
d02ejft.o(.text+0xd1): undefined reference to `fio_fmtw_end'
... etc

and

d02nmxt.o(.text+0x443): undefined reference to `ftn_str_copy'
d02nmxt.o(.text+0x136a): undefined reference to `__mth_i_dpowd'
d02nmxt.o(.text+0x1ba3): undefined reference to `ftn_i_dsign'
d02nmxt.o(.text+0x2c46): undefined reference to `__mth_i_dpowd'

Can anyone tell me where i can find these libraries (presumably part of ifc ?)

thanks
Wyn

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Wyn:

First, I would like to apologize for the temporary lapse of my employer, in asking people to sign up with e-mail address in such a way that all the spam bots will find it. I would suggest that you change your id.

You could search to your heart's content in the /ia32/lib directory of your ifc installation, using lines such as

>nm *.a|grep dsign | less

and you will see that the library symbols used by ifc aren't of the form you quote. Are you certain that you are linking the version of the NAg library which supports ifc? According to the web page http://www.nag.co.uk/scripts/AvailLis.pl?product=FL they have separate versions for 5 different vendors' compilers for ia32 linux. Each of those compilers would have a different run-time library.

Many thanks, you are 100% correct. Still I only wasted 4 hours. I would have wasted another day at least without your help.

Cheers
Wyn

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today