will free version be updated for glibc-2.3 compatibility?

will free version be updated for glibc-2.3 compatibility?

Hi, I recently downloaded the non-commercial (7.1) versions of icc and ifc, and am still getting the same errors (for both compilers) discussed previously ("IFC and Redhat 9" thread). Somewhere (in that thread I think) I read that when v8.0 was out, the free versions would be updated for glibc-2.3 compatibility.

Just curious if this is going to happen now that v8.0 is out?

Thanks,
Noah

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

You can download the 8.0 versions which should address this. I'm not aware that 7.1 will be updated, but I suppose it could happen.

Retired 12/31/2016

I suggest you download the non-commercial versions of 8.0. I don't think 7.1 will be updated, but I don't know for sure.

Retired 12/31/2016
Noah_Knowles wrote:
Hi, I recently downloaded the non-commercial (7.1) versions of icc and ifc, and am still getting the same errors (for both compilers) discussed previously ("IFC and Redhat 9" thread). Somewhere (in that thread I think) I read that when v8.0 was out, the free versions would be updated for glibc-2.3 compatibility.

Just curious if this is going to happen now that v8.0 is out?

Thanks,
Noah

I read the previous thread as well (IFC and Redhat) because the problem with
undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
is a problem I was having myself in Redhat 9.0...
But I have Intel 8.0! (and glibc 2.3.2)
I'm new to linux, so maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I thought this would not be a problem in the updated version.

thanks for your help,
Gretchen

Message Edited by tim18 on 08-25-2004 03:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, tcprince. The rebuild worked for me as well.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today