Internal compiler error: segmentation violation

Internal compiler error: segmentation violation

Hello, I have been trying to compile some code using ifc (or ifort) 8 and I get the error below. I have complied this same code using version 7 with no problems. I can also use no other command line options and I get the same error. I can send the code if that will help.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
- Shawn

ifc -c -O2 -tpp7 -ip -I. flux_driver.f90
ifc: warning: The Intel Fortran driver is now named ifort. You can suppress this message with '-quiet'
fortcom: Severe: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
in file (null), line 0, column 0

compilation aborted for flux_driver.f90 (code 3)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Report this to Intel Premier Support and attach the source. Internal compiler errors are always bugs and should be reported to support.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

i get a similar thing (when using modules) using 8.0.034
but for the same code under ifc 8.0.046 it gives a warning about some hugely long 1st line, which isn't even in the code as such!

"Internal Compiler Error" is a generic message given when the compiler is confused. Unless your system is badly malfunctioning, it is always a compiler bug and should be reported to Intel through Premier Support.

If you believe that an error message is incorrect, that too should be reported, accompanied by a sample that demonstrates the problem.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today