multiple definition of getarg_

multiple definition of getarg_

Hi
I tried to compile an paralell code using mkl7.0 beta and mpich-1.2.5.2. the compilation failed with following error message:

-L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32 -lmkl_scalapack -lmkl_blacsF77init -lmkl_blacs -lmkl_blacsF77init -L/opt/scali/contrib/mpich-1.2.5.2/lib -lmpich -L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32 -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96 -lg2c

-O3 -tpp7 -r8 -fno-alias -unroll
/opt/intel_fc_80/lib/libifcoremt.a(for_getarg.o): In function `getarg_':
for_getarg.o(.text+0x102): multiple definition of `getarg_'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/libg2c.a(Lgetarg.o)(.text+0x0): first defined here
ld: Warning: size of symbol `getarg_' changed from 14 to 26 in /opt/intel_fc_80/lib/libifcoremt.a(for_getarg.o)
make: *** [fireball.x] Error 1

For serial version of an code it works fine. Let know I have RH7.3, glibc2.2.5 compiling with ifort

please could somebody help me
thank in advance jel

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

You might have to divulge the differerences between your serial link command and the current one. As you can see, you have a conflict between a serial getarg() from libg2c and a threaded one from Intel library. Generally, the Intel builds don't accept linking with libg2c. If you have libraries which were built for g77, including your mpich installation, they are likely torequire rebuilding with the same Intel Fortran used by your application.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today