-static crashes

-static crashes

Hello all,

First off, I don't know if this is a problem in ifort... I have a program that compiles and runs just fine until I link it with the "-static" option. Then, instead of running, it does

(idb) run
Thread received signal SEGV
stopped at [ function cvtas_a_to_t(...) 0x811c4c4]

The cvtas_a_to_t function is called somewhere before the program actually starts executing. I was also not able to find any documentation on this function.

Has anyone seen this before or know what this is about?

Cheers and many thanks
Pedro

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello again.

The crashing function cvtas_a_to_t is linked-in from libifcoremt.a. I still have not been able to find any documentation on what this function does or where it was called.

Cheers
Pedro

The routine in question converts a text form of a floating point number to double precision floating point. It would typically be called as part of a formatted READ statement. As it is an internal part of the compiler library, you would not find documentation on it.

I would first recommend ensuring that you have the latest available ifort installed. If the problem persists, please report it to Intel Premier Support.

Message Edited by sblionel on 07-22-2004 08:14 AM

Retired 12/31/2016

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today