-override_limits

-override_limits

where can i find documentation regarding the above option?
is it supported in the latest version?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

You will not find documentation on this option. It is not supported, in the sense that we do not document it and recommend it for normal use. The compiler does recognize it and it can be useful in some rare cases where a source file exceeds the normal complexity limits for the optimizer. We do not guarantee that use of this switch will allow compilation to complete nor that the resulting code is correct.

In other words - use at your own risk.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I don't think this is well documented. If you have a case where the compiler tells you it is cancelling further optimization, and -override_limits has no effect, you should submit a problem report on premier.intel.com. A newer compiler could easily make a difference in whether this option has any effect with the set of options you have chosen.

The trouble is the compiler tells me nothing.However when i add -override_limits to -O3 -ipo it thinks a bit longer but produces a code which runs nearly twice as fast. Do you think I need to submit a problem report?

You get no messages from the compiler that caused you to try this? Yes, please do submit an example to Premier Support.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today