"Error in opening the Library module file."

"Error in opening the Library module file."

Hello,

I get with l_fc_pc_8.1.025 the following error message:

ifort -cm -W0 -O3 -r8 -DCPP_APC -DCPP_DOUBLE -DCPP_INVERSION -c plot_od.F
fortcom: Error: plot_od.F, line 29: Error in opening the Library module file. [fn#fn]
USE m_outcdn
----------^

But: m_outcdn.mod exists (produced from outcdn.F = MODULE m_outcdn)

Any ideas?

Tobias

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Did the compilation of that module complete successfully? If you delete the .mod and rebuild, does the error recur? Have you been using this version of the compiler for a while? That is rather old at this point.

If the problem persists, get the most recent 8.1 (or 9.0 if possible) you're eligible for and try again.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I got the same problem when using l_fc_p_9.0.021. The complilation options I used is :

/export/mpi/mpichgm_intel/bin/mpif90 -c -I/export/mpi/mpichgm_intel/include -ia32em -convert big_endian -O3 -w -DCPU_CLOCK -DPAPERLICENSE ../../../Source/Utility/comms.mpi.F90

The error message:
fortcom: Error: comms.mpi.F90, line 83: Error in opening the Library module file. [CONSTANTS]
use constants, only : dp

PS: There is no precompiled *.MOD.

Did the compilation of that module complete successfully?
If you delete the .mod and rebuild, does the error recur?

Yes, the *.mod file looks ok (judging from `strings *.mod`) and it is well reproduceable.

Have you been using this version of the compiler for a while?
That is rather old at this point.

No that is the first time I used it on that ia64.

(I used ifort 9.0 on the same program on a ia32 successfully.)

If the problem persists, get the most recent 8.1 (or 9.0 if
possible) you're eligible for and try again.

I'll ask the system administrators to do so.

Tobias

I think I found the cause of my problem. It is called Andrew File System (AFS). At least on the AFS it failed even with l_fc_c_9.0.032 whereas it workes just fine on a local disc (with the 8.1 and the 9.0).

(Frankly, I still don't understand why it fails on AFS; it mostly puzzles me that always the same file causes the trouble, the *.F shouldn't be a problem either since I copied them over. And with pgf90 it worked on the same AFS, albeit on a different computer.)

Tobias

Interesting. I don't recall seeing other customers with AFS issues, so I don't know what's going on here. The compiler uses standard C I/O calls to open and read modules.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today