please HELP!!!

please HELP!!!

I installed step by step satifactoriamente!, But:
How to know if it is improperly installed, the compiler?

enter ifort-V and I get a message stating that no such file!
What?

PLEASE HELP!!!

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

It is always helpful to know the compiler version (at least the package name installed) and the OS.

In the absence, I'll offer 11.1 Linux specific advice and suggest you locate the file name getting_started_f.pdf under the compiler installation location /opt/intel/Compiler or read the file from our online documentation here.

Start in Section 2. I expect your error resulted from not completingstep 2 to source the compiler ifortvars.sh (or ifortvars.csh)

Version: 11.0 Build: 084
Fedora 9

Quoting - Kevin Davis (Intel)

It is always helpful to know the compiler version (at least the package name installed) and the OS.

In the absence, I'll offer 11.1 Linux specific advice and suggest you locate the file name getting_started_f.pdf under the compiler installation location /opt/intel/Compiler or read the file from our online documentation here.

Start in Section 2. I expect your error resulted from not completingstep 2 to source the compiler ifortvars.sh (or ifortvars.csh)

The Version downloaded is 11.0 Build: 084 and my system is Fedora 9
I am installing to run the meteorological model MM5

Ok, then the Getting Started guide on your system is named:

/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/084/Documentation/getting_started_f.htm

The online .pdf version for 11.1 that I mentioned is still applicable.

The command is also: ifort -V (there's a space between the name and the -V option - wasn't clear from your post)

Source the appropriate ifortvars.sh/.csh file as per the Getting Started guide and retry the ifort command.

thank you very much.
carefully read the documentation that I have indicated, and consultation will write again.

source /bin/ifortvars.sh
what I write in the command prompt?
architecture as it is my computer? ?

As per the documentation, the usage is:

source /bin/ifortvars.sh

Where the environment script takes an argument based on architecture; valid arguments are as follows:

ia32: Compilers and libraries for IA-32 architectures only.
intel64: Compilers and libraries for Intel 64 architectures only.
ia64: Compilers and libraries for IA-64 architectures only.

So, use the argument that matches your system's processor. If an an Intel 64 processor and your working shell is bash or sh, then the command line you enter is:

source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/084/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64

If your working shell is tcsh or csh then you use ifortvars.csh instead.

Quoting - angelo1903

source /bin/ifortvars.sh
what I write in the command prompt?
architecture as it is my computer? ?

The last field is intel64 if you are running linux x86_64 and the 64-bit compiler, as would appear advisable for the purpose you stated. It's ia32 for the 32-bit compiler (the only working choice for 386 linux).

but where I write this command line?
in a file?
or directly on the console?
as if my shell is bash or sh?
architecture as it is my computer?
thank you very much in advance

Sounds like you are new to Linux also so I advise you seek some getting started Linux help guides or colleagues for extra help.

If you have an active console window to your Linux system, then enter the following commands to help determine the information you need for sourcing the ifort setup script:

uname -a (This gives hints about the processor type)
echo $SHELL (This tells you your working shell)

Use the uname output as Tim suggested for determining your system's architecture and selecting the appropriate value. Use the echo $SHELL output to determine whether to use ifortvars.sh or ifortvar.csh. Once you determine what's appropriate for your situation then enter the appropriate command in the console window.

identified by entering the command I deliver the following:

"mm5@stratus:~$ uname -a
Linux stratus 2.6.28-13-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 30 22:12:12 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
mm5@stratus:~$ echo $ SHELL
$ SHELL
mm5@stratus:~$ "

therefore occupy ifortvars.sh or ifortvar.csh?
thanks

There's no space between the $ and SHELL. The command is echo, the argument is $SHELL.

For example:

$echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

At least you know you will use intel64 as the .

Now if you write well, the result is the following:

mm5@stratus:~$ echo $SHELL
/bin/bash
mm5@stratus:~$

Therefore occupy ifirtvars.sh or ifortvars.csh?

OK. So you have all you need now.Soenter these two commands exactly as they appear below.

source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/084/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64

ifort -V

Don't add extraneous spaces and don't remove the spaces where they appear. If you can cut-n-paste from this reply to your console window, then try that.

uname-a command on my laptop gave me the following:

i686 i386 GNU / Linux

I fill in ia32 ?

thank you very much!
I have installed!
ifort-V to write in the console gave me the following:

Intel Fortran Intel Professional 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel 64, Version 11.0 Build 20081105 Package ID: l_cprof_p_11.0.074
Copyright (C) 1985-2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY

Again thank you very much!
And sorry for the inconvenience ...
Every day I learn more about Linux.
And as I said before, I am using the compiler to run the MM5 meteorological model in CHILE ...
Any questions just write a_pascualetti@hotmail.com

Again thank you very much for everything!
bye

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today