Xcode compatibility?

Xcode compatibility?

I had intel fortran 11.0 installed on OS 10.4 with Xcode 2.5; and all was fine.
After uprading to OS 10.6 recently and tried to recompile and rerun the same fortran-basedxcode projects nothing compiled/happened; not even error messages.
I re-installed fortran 11.0and still the same problem.
What I did not do [becasue I did not know how] was to uninstall fortran 11.0 first.

Advice/guidance is appreciated...
I

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

ifort 11.0 is not supported on OS X 10.6. 11.1 Update 2 is supported, but you need XCode 3.2.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Quoting - Steve Lionel (Intel)
ifort 11.0 is not supported on OS X 10.6. 11.1 Update 2 is supported, but you need XCode 3.2.

Thanks, Steve.

I do have Xcode 3.2; and you are saying I need ifort 11.1 update 2 instead.
OK, I willbuy that vesrison.What else doI need to do? Like uninstallingifort 11.0?

Quoting - afbarghouty@gmail.com

Thanks, Steve.

I do have Xcode 3.2; and you are saying I need ifort 11.1 update 2 instead.
OK, I willbuy that vesrison.What else doI need to do? Like uninstallingifort 11.0?

I'll jump in on this:

"11.1 Update 2" is version 11.1.067, so the package to download from registrationcenter.intel.com is m_cprof_p_11.1.067.dmg

You should probably remove your older 11.0 compiler, as it is useless under Snow Leopard. Under the 11.0 installation directory ( /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/xxx/ ) you will find a script 'uninstall_cprof.sh' or similar script. This removes all the compiler components but leaves your license(s) and projects intact - just removes the compiler bits.

ron

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today