Problem with Openmpi+c++ compiler

Problem with Openmpi+c++ compiler

Dear all

I compile openmpi 1.4.3 with ifort 11.1 and C++ compiler (l_ccompxe_ia32_2011.6.233)

I use this command for configure openmpi:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort

in this step I have not error but after type:

make all install

I get this error:

/bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link icc -O3 -DNDEBUG -finline-functions -fno-strict-aliasing -restrict -pthread -fvisibility=hidden -export-dynamic -o opal_wrapper opal_wrapper.o ../../../opal/libopen-pal.la -lnsl -lutil

libtool: link: icc -O3 -DNDEBUG -finline-functions -fno-strict-aliasing -restrict -pthread -fvisibility=hidden -o .libs/opal_wrapper opal_wrapper.o -Wl,--export-dynamic ../../../opal/.libs/libopen-pal.so -lm -ldl -lnsl -lutil -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

opal_wrapper.o: In function `main':

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x2ae): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strdup'

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x666): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strncmp'

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x680): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strncmp'

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x69a): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strncmp'

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x6b4): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strncmp'

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x6d2): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strncmp'

opal_wrapper.o:opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x6ec): more undefined references to `__intel_sse2_strncmp' follow

opal_wrapper.o: In function `data_callback':

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x172d): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strdup'

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x178b): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strdup'

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x17e9): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strdup'

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x1847): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strdup'

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x18a5): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strdup'

opal_wrapper.o:opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x1907): more undefined references to `__intel_sse2_strdup' follow

opal_wrapper.o: In function `data_callback':

opal_wrapper.c:(.text+0x1cae): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strncmp'

../../../opal/.libs/libopen-pal.so: undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strcpy'

../../../opal/.libs/libopen-pal.so: undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strcat'

../../../opal/.libs/libopen-pal.so: undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strncpy'

../../../opal/.libs/libopen-pal.so: undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strncat'

../../../opal/.libs/libopen-pal.so: undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strchr'

../../../opal/.libs/libopen-pal.so: undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strrchr'

make[2]: *** [opal_wrapper] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/openmpi-1.4.3/opal/tools/wrappers'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/openmpi-1.4.3/opal'

make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

------------------------------------------------------

please help how fix it?

thanks

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

It looks like your problem may be caused by attempting to use ifort 11.1 together with icc 12.0. Among other problems, you will have difficulty avoiding the situation where icc searches only the libraries from ifort. You should use compatible versions, which share the library directory; otherwise, it would be better to leave icc out of the OpenMPI build (use gcc and ifort). I was first thinking that you might have the 11.1 version which was issued with the sse2 libraries missing, which was corrected by an update.

I build openmpi with iofrt and gcc successfully.

but I use mpif90 fot compile other code but I get this error:

"make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete"

how solve it?

The make clock skew warning usually arises from date and time of day not matching among the machines on your network, or from resetting the time after some of your objects have been built. A complete rebuild should take care of any problems, even if you can't resolve the time stamp discrepancies.
It could arise from a FAT filesystem, which doesn't support accurate time stamps.

Dear TimP

this error"make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete" is serious or not? can I ignore it?

Best Reply

It means that make can't take responsibility for the build being completed in the correct order, and that it has found components stamped with a time later than the time it had at the time of examination. As I said, and you will see if you use your search engine, a complete rebuild normally would take care of any question about whether everything is up to date, particularly in the case where the files are left from a build in which the system time was advanced from where it is now, or the times on your network were out of synch and the problem has since been corrected.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today