intel visual fortran on Mac OS X error saying 'ifort failed withexit code 1'

intel visual fortran on Mac OS X error saying 'ifort failed withexit code 1'

Hello,

I'm running IVF 11.1.084 on xcode 3.2.6 with my OS X system 10.6.8. Below is the error I got when I compile my program. If anyone can assist me, it would be very appreciated.

CompileFortran
build/Untitled.build/Debug/Untitled.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/sub_COMMON.o
sub_COMMON.for

cd /Users/geniory/Documents/Untitled

/Developer/usr/local/bin/ifort-11.1-base/bin/intel64/ifort
-arch x86_64 -dev-usr-root=/Developer/usr -isysroot
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -V -g -O0
-fomit-frame-pointer -no-parallel -assume nobuffered_io
-I/Users/geniory/Documents/Untitled/build/Debug/include -assume nocc-omp
-recursive -pad_source -altparam -f66 -nod-lines -vms -f77rtl -intconstant
-assume nobscc -warn errors -warn stderrors -warn declarations -warn unused
-warn ignore-loc -warn truncated-source -warn alignments -warn uncalled -warn
nousage -warn interfaces
-diag-file=/Users/geniory/Documents/Untitled/build/Untitled.build/Debug/Untitled.build/Untitled.diag
-zero -align sequence -assume dummy_alias -safe-cray-ptr -assume
noprotect-constants -assume byterecl -fp-model except -fltconsistency -fp-port
-ftz -fpconstant -assume nominus0 -complex-limited-range -assume nounderscore
-gen-interfaces -module
/Users/geniory/Documents/Untitled/build/Untitled.build/Debug -notraceback
-check nobounds -check nooutput-conversion -check noformat -check
noarg-temp-created -check nopointer -check nouninit -debug-parameters all -c
/Users/geniory/Documents/Untitled/sub_COMMON.for -o
/Users/geniory/Documents/Untitled/build/Untitled.build/Debug/Untitled.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/sub_COMMON.o

Intel Fortran Intel 64 Compiler Professional
for applications running on Intel 64, Version 11.1 Build 20100203 Package ID:
m_cprof_p_11.1.084

Copyright (C) 1985-2010 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Command
/Developer/usr/local/bin/ifort-11.1-base/bin/intel64/ifort failed with exit
code 1

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

This looks like an internal compiler error, though there should have been another message. If you can reproduce this with the current 12.1 compiler, please attach a tar.gz file with the sources and we'll be glad to take a look.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I see you also have the command line switch:

-diag-file=/Users/geniory/Documents/Untitled/build/Untitled.build/Debug/Untitled.build/Untitled.diag

This says to write message to an external file.

Can you check this file for any other messages and/or information please?

thanks --

-- Lorri

To Steve and Lorri:Thank you for your comments. Let me clarify this. I created a new project(command line tool) with type c++stdc++, there is no fortran type option by the way.
Once I created the new project, there is a main.cpp file come with it. What I did is that I deleted the main.cpp file, and created a main.for file thereafter. Along with main.for, I also have 7 more fortran files which are the subroutines. Then I built and debugged all 8 .for files, and it gave me 8 errors total. Each one is saying 'ifort failed with exit code 1'. The detail I shown on top is just one of them, and all 8 errors are exactly the same.Per my procedure above, am I doing on the right track, or I have to keep the orignal main.cpp file and play with that? IVF with xcode is brand new for me. I don't have that difficulty for the same project when I'm using IVF with VS 2008 in win7 platform.I'm pretty sure that there is something I'm missing. So could you please let me know what did I missed. I'm glad to provide anything I can.To Lorri:When I opened the Untitled.diagfile with TextEdit, the details are below.ifort: command line warning #10249: -warn stderrors sets -stdifort: command line error: -fp-model except conflicts with the default -fp-model fast optionifort: command line warning #10249: -warn stderrors sets -stdifort: command line error: -fp-model except conflicts with the default -fp-model fast optionWhat am I supposed to do next?To Steve:Do you think that's the problem with my IVF verion? I actually don't have any access to the new verion 12.1. The 11.1.084 is the only one I have handy.Thank you all.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today