OpenMP catastrophic error Internal compiler error

OpenMP catastrophic error Internal compiler error

Hi all,here i report the catastrophic error i've got with a simple code :

module tt contains function test(p0) integer,dimension(:),allocatable :: p0 integer :: test,np
 np=10 !$omp parallel do shared(np) default(private) do i=1,np print *,'i',p0 end do !$omp end parallel do test=1 end function test end module tt program mp use tt implicit none integer :: i,np np=10 print *,test([1]) end program
As soon as the openmp deal with an allocatable array which is an argument of the function , i get internal error.Thanks

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The variable np is undefined in the module.

And so ? Did you compile the code ?a undefined variable never stop the compiler and throw an catastrophic error, it's an execution time problem.I fix the undefined variable and still have the problem, the compiler stop without compiling the code. (I have test that with v12.1.0 and the last v12.1.2)

I can reproduce this reported problem with just the following code. Note that I have removed NP here:

subroutine test(p0)
integer,dimension(:),allocatable :: p0

!$omp parallel do default(private)
do i=1,2
print *,p0
end do
!$omp end parallel do

-bash-3.2$ ifort -c a1234.f90 -openmp
a1234.f90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not beexplicit cause of this error.

I noticed that if we remove DEFAULT(PRIVATE) then there is no problem. Maybe the other OpenMP experts can comment more on this issue. Or if there is a bug, then the support team can start a tracker.

On the basis that any internal error is a bug, even if provoked by invalid code, this does appear to demonstrate a compiler bug. The compiler ought to point to invalid source code before quitting. It may be a tough question of policy, as the compiler does little to diagnose OpenMP related problems unless you engage -diag-enable openmp and have Inspector installed. Unless I have missed something, the compile with that option engaged dies without results.

I have escalated this issue to the developers. The issue number is DPD200177818. I will post any updated I receive on this issue to this thread.

The same issue appears when you try to work with output variable of a function. So it is both in and out 1.Thanks

A fix has been found for this issue. We are currently planning to include it in the next major release which isscheduled for later this year.

This is issue has been fixed in Intel® Fortran Composer XE for Linux* 2013 which is now available at the Intel® Registration Center.

Intel Developer Support
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today