[FGSL] [Brent's method]

[FGSL] [Brent's method]

I'm trying to use FGSL to maximize a function.When compiling I get the following error:ifort -L/share/apps/contrib/fgsl/intel12/lib64 -o dissertation.X agents.o dissertation.o -lfgsl_ifort -lgsl -lgslcblasagents.o: In function `agents_mp_c_child_':agents.f90:(.text+0x2f8b): undefined reference to `m_'make: *** [dissertation.X] Error 1ifort -L/share/apps/contrib/fgsl/intel12/lib64 -o dissertation.X agents.o dissertation.o -lfgsl_ifort -lgsl -lgslcblasagents.o: In function `agents_mp_c_child_':agents.f90:(.text+0x2f8b): undefined reference to `m_'make: *** [dissertation.X] Error 1Thanks for the help!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Please contact GSL support. The source code that you provided has many bugs in it and cannot be compiled; nor would one want to divine the intent of the programmer by reading the code.

Packing parameters of the same type into an array is the standard method of passing parameters to a solver that calls user-defined functions. However, one can only pass such parameters if the solver interface is designed to accept them. If it is not, you will have to add this capability using the source code of the solver, or (error-prone and not recommended) pass the parameters through a COMMON block or a shared module.

Usually, two or more arrays are used: for integer parameters, for real/double parameters, and others. You can use the debugger/WRITE statements to check whether the user-defined function is receiving the proper parameters.

Is there such a thing as GSL support? I thought the whole idea of a GNU library is you're on your own...

Steve - Intel Developer Support

In one sense, there is no support line similar to those for commercial software, but they have Bugzillas and Usenet newsgroups for GNU software !

I made progress fixing a lot of the bugs but now I'm getting this when trying to compileifort -L/share/apps/contrib/fgsl/intel12/lib64 -o dissertation.X agents.o dissertation.o -lfgsl_ifort -lgsl -lgslcblasagents.o: In function `agents_mp_c_child_':agents.f90:(.text+0x2f8b): undefined reference to `m_'make: *** [dissertation.X] Error 1ifort -L/share/apps/contrib/fgsl/intel12/lib64 -o dissertation.X agents.o dissertation.o -lfgsl_ifort -lgsl -lgslcblasagents.o: In function `agents_mp_c_child_':agents.f90:(.text+0x2f8b): undefined reference to `m_'make: *** [dissertation.X] Error 1Could someone explain me whatthat erroris?Thanks!PS: I could't find bugzilla nor usenet for FGSL. If you have a link i would appreciate it.

It is likely that you have used the variable m with a subscript in one or more places in agents.f90 but there is no corresponding declaration of m as an array.

An "undefined external" linker error naming a symbol that you know to be a variable (rather than a function name) is a telltale sign of a missing array declaration.

I found all the bugs.Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today