difference between Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 for Windows* and Linux* and Intel Composer XE 2011 for Linux

difference between Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 for Windows* and Linux* and Intel Composer XE 2011 for Linux

hello guys,

I want to know the difference between Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 for Windows* and Intel Composer XE 2011 for Linux
several reasons here:

1) I want to use the traditional intel fortran compiler Intel Fortran Compiler Professional (l_cprof_p_11.0.069) or non-commercial, but I can not found this version . so I turn to find the possible substitution such as Intel Composer XE 2011 for Linux which I regard as the fortran compiler used in the linux platform. how about what I think?

2)I think the traditional intel fortran compiler integrates the parallel library like OPENMP, the compile mission is like 'ifort -openmp *.f90 -o programname' . and ./programname we can use parallel method to run our program. so I have a question that what's the difference between
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 for Windows* and Intel Composer XE 2011 for Linux

yours alex

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The article about obtaining an older version applies equally to the linux compilers. No doubt, the marketing decision to replace the name Compiler by "Composer" in the recent versions continues to create confusion. For the most part, usage of the Composer series of compilers is the same as the 11.0 predecessors.
The Parallel Studio product combines additional tools such as an Amplifier profiler (current version of VTune) with the same compiler which you could buy separately. The included OpenMP is the same.

Hello Timp,

can you tell me how to download the non-commercial old version intel fortran compiler ?

best regards

hello Timp,

For the most part, usage of the Composer series of compilers is the same as the 11.0 predecessors

I want to know If I use current version , can I use OPENMP paralle method when I run my program with compilation 'ifort -openmp -o programname *.f90 '?

Yes, this compilation should work the same in current compilers as with 11.0, assuming that your linux installation supports the version you install.
If you want an older version, you really should read the link I posted.

thank you Timp for the kind-hearted help

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today