enddo

contains
subroutine vanleer(a)
implicit none
real, dimension(:), intent(in) :: a
real, dimension(size(a,1)) :: c
end subroutine vanleer
end program ala

causes sever memory leak when compiled with -heap-arrays -assume realloc_lhs. Please see attached file for additional details (including valgrind run)

Best regards,
Kacper Kowalik

AttachmentSize
Downloadtext/plain session.txt3 KB
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Kacper

yes - we recently got aware of the memory leak caused by -heap-arrays. It is a new issue for IFORT 13.0 and is independent of -assume realloc_lhs but more general. We escalated this to engineering already: Case number is DPD200235943. We hope to get it fixed for update 1 of 13.0 compiler. I will keep you updated on any news. As a workaround I only can recommend to not use -heap-array for now and to consider an increasing the stack size ( see : http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-compiler-increase... )

Heinz

Quote:

HeinzB (Intel) wrote:

Kacper

yes - we recently got aware of the memory leak caused by -heap-arrays. It is a new issue for IFORT 13.0 and is independent of -assume realloc_lhs but more general. We escalated this to engineering already: Case number is DPD200235943. We hope to get it fixed for update 1 of 13.0 compiler. I will keep you updated on any news. As a workaround I only can recommend to not use -heap-array for now and to consider an increasing the stack size ( see : http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-compiler-increase... )

Heinz

This is fixed in Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 13.0.1.117 Build 20121010

Thanks!

Kacper

yes, right. Fixed by the new update. I will mark the thread accordingly.

Heinz

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today