ifort linking error

ifort linking error

Dear all,

I am getting the following error at the final linking step for a fortran90 program:

ifort -c -O3 -xsse4.2 -axsse4.2 -msse4.2 -parallel -threads -unroll=1024 -opt-prefetch=3 -standard-semantics -assume byterecl -openmp -I/cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/include/intel64/lp64 -I/cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/include main.f90

ifort -o Myprogram.run -L/cm/shared/apps/cuda50/toolkit/current/lib64 -lcudart -lcufft /usr/lib64/libpthread_nonshared.a -O3 -xsse4.2 -axsse4.2 -msse4.2 -parallel -threads -unroll=1024 -opt-prefetch=3 -standard-semantics -assume byterecl -openmp -I/cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/include/intel64/lp64 -I/cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/include main.o -lpthread_nonshared -openmp -lstdc++ -I/cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/include -Wl,--start-group  /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_blas95_lp64.a /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_scalapack_lp64.a -Wl,--start-group  /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_cdft_core.a /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.a /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_thread.a /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.a /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/current/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64.a -Wl,--end-group /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/2011_sp1.12.361/compiler/lib/intel64/libiomp5.a -lpthread -lm -L/usr/local/lib  -lspmv -L/usr/local/lib -lsundials_fkinsol -lsundials_kinsol -lsundials_fcvode -lsundials_cvode -lsundials_fnvecserial -lsundials_nvecserial -lsundials_fida -lsundials_ida  -openmp-link static -openmp

ipo: remark #11000: performing multi-file optimizations
ipo: remark #11006: generating object file /tmp/ipo_ifortB5onkc.o
/cm/shared/apps/intel-cluster-runtime/3.6/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/compiler/lib/intel64/libifport.a(utility_alloccstr.o): In function `allocCstr':
/export/users/nbtester/efi2linux_nightly/branch-14_0/20130730_000000/libdev/libifport/portability/utility_alloccstr.c:(.text+0x45): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memmove'
/cm/shared/apps/intel-cluster-runtime/3.6/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/compiler/lib/intel64/libifcoremt.a(for_init.o): In function `for__signal_handler':
for_init.c:(.text+0x8ce): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memmove'
for_init.c:(.text+0x8e7): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memmove'
for_init.c:(.text+0x900): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memmove'
for_init.c:(.text+0x919): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memmove'
/cm/shared/apps/intel-cluster-runtime/3.6/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/compiler/lib/intel64/libifcoremt.a(for_init.o):for_init.c:(.text+0x932): more undefined references to `_intel_fast_memmove' follow

This is on CentOS 6.4 and I am using the following version of ifortran:

ifort (IFORT) 12.1.6 20120821

I am quite beginner at this, and I was hoping someone more experienced could point me to what I might be doing wrong here.

Many thanks,

Simon

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Best Reply

See this?

/cm/shared/apps/intel-cluster-runtime/3.6/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/compiler/lib/intel64/libifcoremt.a(for_init.o):for_init.c:

That tells me you have at least some 14.0 libraries in your linking path. You are getting a mix of 14.0 and 12.1 libraries and this causes the link errors. Check your build environment and make sure you are "source"ing the correct ifortvars.sh file.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thank you, indeed executing 'source /cm/shared/apps/intel/composer_xe/2011_sp1.12.361/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64' before compiling solved my problem!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today