Intel Compiler **Internal compiler error: internal abort** related to coarray and transpose

Intel Compiler **Internal compiler error: internal abort** related to coarray and transpose

I have run into an issue trying to use coarrays with transpose causing the Intel fortran compiler to crash.

Its on centos 6.4 with compiler version

$ ifort --version 

ifort (IFORT) 14.0.1 20131008

$ ifort testfft.short.f90 -coarray=shared -o mytest

testfft.short.f90(29): catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for testfft.short.f90 (code 1)

The sample code is 

integer, parameter :: ngrid=4,ncube=2

real, dimension(ngrid/ncube*ncube,ngrid/ncube,ncube,ngrid/ncube,ncube) :: rho3[ncube,ncube,*]
complex, dimension(ngrid*ncube/2+1,ngrid/ncube,ncube,ngrid/ncube) :: crhox[ncube,ncube,*]

complex, dimension(ngrid/ncube,ncube,ncube,ngrid/ncube,ngrid/2+1) :: crhoy[ncube,ncube,*]

complex, dimension(ngrid/ncube,ncube,ncube,ngrid/2+1,ngrid/ncube) :: crhoz[ncube,ncube,*]

integer mycoord(3)
mycoord=this_image(rho3)
! align x-axis first

ic=mycoord(2)

iy=mycoord(1)

iz=mycoord(3)

! now transpose x-y

sync all

ix=mycoord(3)

ixlen=ngrid/2
do ib=1,ncube

do iy=1,ncube

do k=1,ngrid/ncube

imin=(ix-1)*ngrid/2+1

imax=imin+ixlen-1

crhoy(:,ib,iy,k,:ixlen)=transpose(crhox(imin:imax,:,ib,k)[iy,mycoord(1),mycoord(2)])

end do

end do

end do
end program

Thanks

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

We found another case causing a similiar compiler abort, but this time by just turning the -debug or -g flags.  The odd thing is it works fine without them, ie the default optimization level seems to compile the code and it runs as expected.

$ ifort -fpp -debug all -coarray  testfftopt.f90
010101_0

catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for testfftopt.f90 (code 1)

$ifort -fpp -coarray  testfftopt.f90

but works fine.  Same setup as the previous case, ifort (IFORT) 14.0.1 20131008, it also seems to cause a crash on v13.1 of the compiler as well. 

I have attached the code.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/octet-stream testfftopt.f908 KB

Thanks - we'll take a look.

Retired 12/31/2016

This is already fixed for update 2, due out in early February. For reference, our issue ID is DPD200247083. The bug relates to asking for debug information in when a contained routine contained coarray references.

Retired 12/31/2016

Steve,

Thanks for the update.   Does the fix deal with the transpose and coarray issue shown in the first post example as well?

Thanks

Sorry, no. I had overlooked that you were reporting two different problems. The TRANSPOSE problem is still there and I will report it to the developers. Issue ID is DPD200252838.

Retired 12/31/2016

The TRANSPOSE problem has been fixed and I expect the fix to be included in Update 3 (late April).

Retired 12/31/2016

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today