error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.

error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.

Hi All

I am trying to compile a fortran file with ifortran on a redhat linux machine.

I get the following error when I try to compile it. I have attached the file to this post.

I already have files "NWTC_Library.mod" , "precision.mod" and "Aerodyn.mod" in the same directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

bash-4.1$ ifort  -O2 -fpp -real-size 64 -traceback -I Obj_lin64 -module Obj_lin64 -c FAST_Mods.f90 -o FAST_Mods.o
FAST_Mods.f90(2): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [ADAMSINPUT]
MODULE ADAMSInput
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(46): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [AEROELEM]
MODULE AeroElem
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(66): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [BLADES]
MODULE Blades
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(143): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [COORDSYS]
MODULE CoordSys
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(213): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [CONSTANTS]
MODULE Constants
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(227): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [DOFS]
MODULE DOFs
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(313): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [DRIVETRAIN]
MODULE DriveTrain
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(372): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [ENVCOND]
MODULE EnvCond
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(410): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [FEATURES]
MODULE Features
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(442): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [GENERAL]
MODULE General
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(486): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [INITCOND]
MODULE InitCond
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(519): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [LINEAR]
MODULE Linear
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(554): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [MASSINERT]
MODULE MassInert
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(598): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [MODES]
MODULE Modes
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(676): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [NACELLEYAW]
MODULE NacelleYaw
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(712): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [OUTPARMTYPE]
   END TYPE OutParmType
------------^
FAST_Mods.f90(712): error #6148: The name on this END TYPE statement is different from the name on the corresponding derived type statement   [OUTPARMTYPE]
   END TYPE OutParmType
------------^
FAST_Mods.f90(726): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [TIME]
   INTEGER, PARAMETER             :: Time      =    0
-------------------------------------^
FAST_Mods.f90(1904): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [FILEFMTID_WITHTIME]
INTEGER(B2Ki), PARAMETER     :: FileFmtID_WithTime    = 1                       ! ID for OutputFileFmtID to specify that the time channel should be included in the output file (use if the output can occur at variable times)
--------------------------------^
FAST_Mods.f90(1905): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [FILEFMTID_WITHOUTTIME]
INTEGER(B2Ki), PARAMETER     :: FileFmtID_WithoutTime = 2                       ! ID for OutputFileFmtID to specify that the time channel does not need to be included in the output file (used only with constant time-step output)
FAST_Mods.f90(1917): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [OUTPARMTYPE]
TYPE(OutParmType),ALLOCATABLE:: OutParam (:)                                    ! Names and units of all output parameters.
-----^
FAST_Mods.f90(2089): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [PLATFORM]
MODULE Platform
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(2133): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [ROTORFURLING]
MODULE RotorFurling
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(2159): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [RTHNDSID]
MODULE RtHndSid
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(2283): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [SIMCONT]
MODULE SimCont
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(2305): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [TAILAERO]
MODULE TailAero
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(2333): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [TAILFURLING]
MODULE TailFurling
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(2359): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [TEETERVARS]
MODULE TeeterVars
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(2381): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [TIPBRAKES]
MODULE TipBrakes
-------^
FAST_Mods.f90(2398): error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file.   [TOWER]
MODULE Tower
-------^
/tmp/ifortRhrSha.i90(2471): catastrophic error: Too many errors, exiting
compilation aborted for FAST_Mods.f90 (code 1)
bash-4.1$

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/octet-stream FAST_Mods.f90213.1 KB
10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The main issue I see is that the compiler thinks it can't write files into the folder Obj_lin64 - does that folder exist and do you have write permission for it?

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Hi Steve

Yes. I have already compiled filed and written to the folder Obj_lin64.

Any possibility file quotas might be at play where Obj_lin64 resides?

Hi Kevin

I am not sure about what you are saying (I am an amateur in working with ifortran). How can I check that?

I'm referring to disk usage quotas imposed by the OS. Those are displayed by the quota command or for more info use man quota.

If you have not already, check whether there is available space (use the df command).

I guess there isn't any problem with that.
cyfilesnfs.iastate.edu:/root_vdm_4/cyfiles/22/16/behmogh 2132123648 788206272 1343917376  37% /home/behmogh
bash-4.1$ quota

(I couldn't copy the whole text after using "df" due to spam filter)

As an experiment, remove -module and see what happens. Or maybe put in an absolute path.

Thank you Steve

I simply tried to compile it using

bash-4.1$ ifort FAST_Mods.f90 -o FAST_Mods.o

And here are the errors I get. Could you please tell me what are these errors related to?

FAST_Mods.f90(712): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [OUTPARMTYPE]
   END TYPE OutParmType
------------^
FAST_Mods.f90(712): error #6148: The name on this END TYPE statement is different from the name on the corresponding derived type statement   [OUTPARMTYPE]
   END TYPE OutParmType
------------^
FAST_Mods.f90(726): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [TIME]
   INTEGER, PARAMETER             :: Time      =    0
-------------------------------------^
FAST_Mods.f90(1904): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [FILEFMTID_WITHTIME]
INTEGER(B2Ki), PARAMETER     :: FileFmtID_WithTime    = 1                       ! ID for OutputFileFmtID to specify that the time channel should be included in the output file (use if the output can occur at variable times)
FAST_Mods.f90(1905): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [FILEFMTID_WITHOUTTIME]
INTEGER(B2Ki), PARAMETER     :: FileFmtID_WithoutTime = 2                       ! ID for OutputFileFmtID to specify that the time channel does not need to be included in the output file (used only with constant time-step output)
FAST_Mods.f90(1917): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [OUTPARMTYPE]
TYPE(OutParmType),ALLOCATABLE:: OutParam (:)                                    ! Names and units of all output parameters.
-----^
compilation aborted for FAST_Mods.f90 (code 1)

It looks as if module NWTC_Library, which you didn't supply, also has a definition of type OutParmType, which is conflicting with the one in module Output. As an experiment, you could try replacing the line:

USE                             NWTC_Library

with

USE                             NWTC_Library, notused=>OutParmType

and see what it does.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today